Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

SOLD -- '53 Topps PSA 6-7 including Mays, Paige, Jackie, more

EDITED -- SOLD as a group to one of our leading board members, who made an offer I couldn't refuse. Thanks very much to those who inquired and made offers. ~ John

The J.R. Dolan Repository For Colorful Cardboard is still in the midst of an effort to find focus and inner peace. Next up are some 1953 Topps graded 6 and 7, a nice mix of big dogs and l'il chihuahas. The biggest dog of all (Mantle) was sold privately to a board member but Mays, Paige, #1 Jackie, Yogi and some other HOFers remain.

#1 J.Robinson PSA 6
#7 Borkowski PSA 7
#13 Marrero PSA 7
#27 Campanella PSA 6
#29 Jeffcoat(SP) PSA 7
#33 Kennedy PSA 7
#35 Noren (SP) PSA 7
#41 Slaughter (SP) PSA 7
#54 Feller PSA 6
#57 Scheib (SP) PSA 7
#59 Drews PSA 7
#73 E.Robinson (SP) PSA 7
#86 B.Martin (SP) PSA 6
#104 Yogi (SP) PSA 6
#131 Byrd PSA 7
#138 Kell (SP) PSA 7
#145 Dorish PSA 7
#186 Bishop PSA 7
#191 Kiner PSA 6
#202 Sawatski PSA 7
#220 Paige PSA 7
#244 Mays PSA 6
#247 Sandlock PSA 7

Edited to add links to my host server.

Comments

• Options
    DavinoDavino Posts: 333
    What do you need for the Mays, and can "I get a scan"!image
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Boy, I sure got a lot of PMs and e-mails after posting this. I think I will hold off on the auction until I can sort out which deals make sense to do without going to eBay. I edited the post above to add links to the cards on my host server. The big boys are scanned larger. With the exception of Billy Martin and one or two others, they're centered pretty nicely and some are dead on.

Davino: I need the most that I can get, of course!
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    That is one sweet Paige. Looks like it was printed yesterday!
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options

<< <i>That is one sweet Paige. Looks like it was printed yesterday! >>

What are you implying??? image

Actually, Satch and Mick went to PSA in the same submission last spring. Their cert. numbers are only 1 apart.
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Good God do I want to start collecting this set!
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Nice cards. Very pretty.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    John,
    I knew it, you're printing 53 Topps cards in your basment!! image

I've always liked that card and have only seen ungraded, beat up ones in person.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    SOLD as a group to one of our leading board members, who made an offer I couldn't refuse. Thanks very much to those who made bids and inquiries. ~ John
  • Options

you sold mickey....wow what a beautiful card...I wish I had a shot at it..congrats, hope you did well!
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    I know he's heading to a loving home ... and a warmer climate!
  • Options
    jr....how well did you do when you sold your 64 giants?? Did you profit, break even, lose?

thanks
  • Options
    Major, that's hard to say because some of them were my own submissions. On individual cards that I had bought, I came out slightly ahead. SMR is way off on the most expensive cards. Mays and Mantle, for example, sold for far less than SMR claims they are worth. I was not shocked because I paid about the same or less for them myself. On the other hand, some like B-Robby topped SMR. I guess it depends who needs what, and what else is being offered at the same time by other sellers. Don't be scared off by the SMR $1000 for the Mays PSA 9, even though its a short print ... you might be able to get it for a little more than half of that.
  • Options
    are you saving up for a mantle rookie? paige rookie?

i'm doing the same....reselling a lot of my collection so i can focus on something more important to me and more specific.
  • Options
    I hope to have a PSA 6 or 7 Mantle rookie (51 Bowman) some day, but I'm not saving $ for that at the moment. At least not consciously. image

Just tightening my focus (again) and wasting some of my precious collecting capital on real world needs. (We truly need an eye-rolling icon)