Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Retaliatory feedback is getting very old on E-bay

I just received two retaliatory negatives - because I neg'd the scumbag seller for selling resealed 1978 packs and then taking two months to send my refund on the 1979 packs - less the shipping that I had included!!!!! It really p*sses me off because I work hard to build good feedback and all my negatives have been retaliatory because of idiot sellers. Not to say that I'm perfect, put I always pay on time. What else can I do?

My feedback

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I agree, my 1 negative is from a retalition. Honestly though, most buyers are smart enough to see through those. I don't think my sales have hurt at all from it and I'm not afraid to get another retaliation negative.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree, my 1 negative is from a retalition. Honestly though, most buyers are smart enough to see through those. I don't think my sales have hurt at all from it and I'm not afraid to get another retaliation negative. >>

Unfortunately, I am about to leave the seller a negative, who gave you the retalion neg. Crap! don't want to ruin my 100% positives. I didn't read his feedback, but I should have. You left him a neg for card not as described, that is my issue also. image
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Leave the negative so others are aware of these people ... that's why they continue to get away with it. He's dangerously close to following below the 98.0% positive feedback and losing his EBAY Power Seller rating anyway.

As a buyer, if there are recent negative feedbacks received by a seller, I'll check the rating of the person leaving it. If it appears justified, then I'll avoid bidding. If not, I'll bid on the card. If I'm not sure, I'll e-mail the seller for more details. Most people will research the feedback, however a lot depends on the card's value.
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Also, it makes a huge difference if these negs were from buyers or sellers.
  • Options
    Greg,

That really sucks. I don't mean to sound flippant, but I'd recommend resisting the temptation of buying unopened wax on ebay. It's a crap shoot, and most of the time, the results are less than fulfilling. Try bbcexchange.com for unopened stuff. (I don't have any affiliation with them other than some satisfying personal experiences.) They are reputable and I never have to worry about the authenticity. image
    everywhere you go
    there you are

marc in Hawaii
  • Options

<< <i>Leave the negative so others are aware of these people ... that's why they continue to get away with it. He's dangerously close to following below the 98.0% positive feedback and losing his EBAY Power Seller rating anyway.

As a buyer, if there are recent negative feedbacks received by a seller, I'll check the rating of the person leaving it. If it appears justified, then I'll avoid bidding. If not, I'll bid on the card. If I'm not sure, I'll e-mail the seller for more details. Most people will research the feedback, however a lot depends on the card's value. >>

this is too bad and you are correct. it happens all the time. The new scam is using useless "square trade" as an extortion tool to have it removed via bartering. make sure you capitalize that it was retalliatory.

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    The easiest way on not screwing your own selling account is to sign up for a second ebay account for buying only.

Trust me it has saved me the temptation of not leaving a neg.

Sign one up today.
  • Options
    1.) Check the guy's feedback before buying...not only what he received, but also what he dishes out. If you see a lot of negs on either side of the coin, i wouldnt even touch any of his auctions. The guy's feedback is below 99%...and that's bad for a guy who's had over 500 transactions.

2.) Leave the negs. I'm lucky because i have yet dealt with a bad seller or buyer...but if that unfortunate day comes, i'll neg him/her. I do sell, so it will hurt me....but, i would rather leave the neg and let other buyers know my experience rather than trying to maintain 100% positive feedback.

• Options
    DavinoDavino Posts: 333

<< <i>1.) Check the guy's feedback before buying...not only what he received, but also what he dishes out. If you see a lot of negs on either side of the coin, i wouldnt even touch any of his auctions. The guy's feedback is below 99%...and that's bad for a guy who's had over 500 transactions.

2.) Leave the negs. I'm lucky because i have yet dealt with a bad seller or buyer...but if that unfortunate day comes, i'll neg him/her. I do sell, so it will hurt me....but, i would rather leave the neg and let other buyers know my experience rather than trying to maintain 100% positive feedback. >>

If you think that's bad, Check out the feedback of This Scumbag Card Alterer & Shameless Thiefs feedback, maybe I should have looked at it prior to "dealing" with him, and NO, I'am not his "DEALER". Assinine Phuck, wait 'till I drag his sorry ass into court for comeuppance...:

When Phat Bit*hes Marry Anorectic & Flawed Skinny Skanks And Grow Phatter Still, While Pheeling Less Rotund?!? SHAME SHAME, BAD HICK LOSER COMIN' ATCHA HEUUAH!:

• Options
    Unfortunately e bay does'nt have any system in place to stop retaliation feedback. it's a shame i have 2 negs from 2 different sellers both who sold crap cards and called them mint and would'nt resolve it fairly, in both cases i had paid withing hours of the auction closing thus fullfilling my part.it's definitely unfair. Phil
  • Options
    Not to make matters worse, but you should not have bid on anything from Overtime Cards. There have been at least 10 posts on this board about Overtime selling resealed packs (including one I posted). I took the retaliatory negative from him because I wanted people to know to stay away. The best way to avoid problems is to read what people post on this board about resealers.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unfortunately, I am about to leave the seller a negative, who gave you the retalion neg. Crap! don't want to ruin my 100% positives. I didn't read his feedback, but I should have. You left him a neg for card not as described, that is my issue also. image >>

You are dealing with the same guy I did?
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not to make matters worse, but you should not have bid on anything from Overtime Cards. There have been at least 10 posts on this board about Overtime selling resealed packs (including one I posted). I took the retaliatory negative from him because I wanted people to know to stay away. The best way to avoid problems is to read what people post on this board about resealers. >>

Ignorance is not a defense - and I have no one to blame but myself. I follow the boards pretty closely but didn't see anything regarding this seller (I didn't search the old threads however...). From now on, I will not bid on a seller's auction who has less than 99% feedback. Another thing I have started to look for is retaliatory feedback. I'll have to chalk this up to a lesson learned the hard way.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Copy of e-mail I just sent this clown. Please forgive the language but I hope the earth opens up and swallows this scumbag and his trailer into the bowels of the earth....

Regards,

Greg M.

Harry Truman - or whatever the f*** your name is,

I just received your RETALIATORY feedback - you piece
    of trash. I have sent the wrappers in to GAI for
    confirmation that the packs were resealed and have
    contacted an attorney for defamation of character. I
    have kept all the e-mails as proof that it took you 2
    months to refund my money. I have posted your name
    and E-Bay id over the PSA and Beckett boards and I
    plan on contact all your current and former
    "customers" to inform them that you sell resealed
    packs (which is illegal by the way).

Since you sold the resealed packs, you have broken not
    only state laws but federal (crossing state lines) and
    conducted your scam through the mail system which is
    considered mail fraud. Either you remove the feedback
    or the fury of f***ing hell will reign down on your
    miserable life.

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I eouldn't worry if I were you. You did what you were supposed to do. if more people left negatives boldly when they were deserved, the feedback system would actually work right. Anybody with half a skull full of brain would take the time to read your FB rating and OT's Rating and see that you have 3 in the past year, and he has 34 negs in the past year. Honestly would you want to do business with someone that would think you're bad after seeing yours and his?

<< <i>I just received two retaliatory negatives - because I neg'd the scumbag seller for selling resealed 1978 packs and then taking two months to send my refund on the 1979 packs - less the shipping that I had included!!!!! It really p*sses me off because I work hard to build good feedback and all my negatives have been retaliatory because of idiot sellers. Not to say that I'm perfect, put I always pay on time. What else can I do?

My feedback

Regards,

Greg M. >>

• Options
    I saved this valuable information from a previous post on how to leave negative feedback without getting retalitory feedback. I will share it below:

<< <i>I have said this before; Snipe a negative, feedback can only be left for 90 days, so the 89th days 23rd hour 56th second, leave him a neg. He will only be able to respond and not retaliate! >>

Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options

<< <i>I saved this valuable information from a previous post on how to leave negative feedback without getting retalitory feedback. I will share it below:

<< <i>I have said this before; Snipe a negative, feedback can only be left for 90 days, so the 89th days 23rd hour 56th second, leave him a neg. He will only be able to respond and not retaliate! >>

>>

I actually tried this method and it backfired on me!!!! I sniped him with 5 minutes left. The auction ended at 8:30 PST on 1/17 and I left feedback at 8:25 PST on 4/17 (90th day). However, three or four days later his retaliatory feedback was left. This method DOES NOT work.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    90 days is the minimum an auction will stay on the ebay system. I've seen auctions on ebay on for up to 6 months. Leaving a negative on an auction gives it a bit of immortality. I've seen when a negative was left, the auction took longer to be removed. I guess ebay wants to give the other party a chance to retaliate. I wonder if Vince McMahon is an advisor to ebay. That sounds like a format he would push.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I saved this valuable information from a previous post on how to leave negative feedback without getting retalitory feedback. I will share it below:

>>

That information you were given is false. There is no set time limit that an auction can have feedback left for it. The MINIMUM is 90 days.

Tabe
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I had posted that because ebay says "Feedback can be left for at least 90 days following a transaction" I misread the statement from ebay. I believe winpitcher has alos stated this was incorrect about 4 times....Steve???
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    this is too bad and you are correct. it happens all the time. The new scam is using useless "square trade" as an extortion tool to have it removed via bartering. make sure you capitalize that it was retalliatory.

Square Trade is the biggest joke. A seller left me a neg because I filed a chargeback. I left him a neg afterwards for never intended to sale? or never sent. Immediately after that, he filed with SquareTrade
    and they sent me an email. I told them to eat crap and blocked all of their future emails. He was the one that filed it and maybe felt remorse after the FB. I like that both FB stayed neg for what it was intended to be and not for him to get off.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ted?

Good for you.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    heh?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Don't "die" over a few negatives. I'm beginning to think feedback is overrated in concept.
    I mean whats the difference if my # is 1000 or 3000? Will someone not bid on my auction if I only have a "grand"
    and not 36 thousand???
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    Looks like redplush99 has come back to life as gdpcollectibles, seeing the regard for customers in negative feedbacks.
    Some people don't get it, posting replies to negatives isn't like shouting out the back window...they live on "forever"
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    FavreFan1971,

The easiest way on not screwing your own selling account is to sign up for a second ebay account for buying only.

Trust me it has saved me the temptation of not leaving a neg.

Sign one up today.

-----------------------

I agree with you on this one. I did this and it does make a difference.
  • Options
    gregm13,

Check this out... Here is what I have done in the past. I have taken all of the following items...

Copies of his emails,
    PayPal statement showing I paid within seconds of auction ending (shows I held up to my end as a buyer),
    Copies of proof slips/emails showing he read my emails (www. - shows his IP address, located, ie address),
    Grading CO. letter(s)-emails,
    Photos of items of seal packs that show yellows super clue,
    Copy of post mark envelope (shows when he mailed) (if he used DC copies from www.usps.com),
    Copy and pasted all of his past negative feedback on one page, emails from his past buyers who left him negative feedback,
    And copies of all claims I filed with Internet fraud agencies and

I then scanned them into one item and when I did my reply to his negative feedback... I stated the below.

All ebayers before doing business with this ebayer please go to http://photobucket.com/donotbuyfromthisseller - (i.e. this is just a sample of one, not a real site)

Then when ebayers would go to the site I had left they would be able to read everything. I did this as a reply, follow up or could be used as a feedback.

I know it seems like a lot of work, but I wouldn't want someone to have to go through what I had to go through with a past a$$whole seller.

I HATE CROOKS!!!
  • Options

Greg,

Just in case you might want to do a follow up....

If you paid via Paypal, File a Buyer Complaint and Request a chargeback within 30 days of Payment.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/buyer-complaint-outside

File the Online Fraud Report/Claim/Complaint w/ eBay's SafeHarbor from 30-60 days of End of Auction (EOA).

http://crs.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayisapi.dll?crsstartpage

File Mail Fraud Complaint w/ US Postal Service (USPS) after 30 days and up to apx 1 year.

http://www.framed.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

If your buyer sends you a check that bounces...

http://www.mindspring.com/~bookdealers/nopay.html#NSF

Also file the Complaints with the following resources.

National Fraud Information Center (NFIC)

http://63.222.159.194/repoform.htm

FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC)

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/

Federal Trade Commission (FTC) FTC Consumer Complaint Form

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Better Business Bureau (BBB)

http://www.bbb.org/bbbcomplaints/Welcome.asp

The National Consumer Complaint Center for Internet Fraud, False Advertising and Breached Warranties(NCCC)

http://www.alexanderlaw.com/nccc/cb-ftc.html

CCIPS, Reporting Internet Crime

http://www.cybercrime.gov/reporting.htm

Master List Of Attorneys General

http://www.naag.org/ag/full_ag_table.cfm

Fraud Bureau.com

http://www.fraudbureau.com/database/file5.html

International Fraud Resources

International Web Police (IWP)

http://www.InterGOV.org/forms/wp_crimereport.html

International Web Police

http://www.web-police.org/

Interpol

http://www.interpol.com/

Canada Fraud Resources

Canada Information Centre Enquiry/Complaint Form

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/SSG/ct01260e.html

Canadian Consumer Information Gateway

http://consumerinformation.ca/cgi-bin/main.cgi?Language=E

Royal Canadian Mounted Police

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Last night I gave a NEG to a guy that I gace since 12/22/04 to make somthing right. That was well over the 90 day limit. I am awaiting his retalitory. My neg was short and to the point. I simply stated that he did not send me what he described.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DS1991TOPPSCards,

Sage info.

To the others regarding the snipe of the negative at the last possible minute, I have never had the opportunity to try it; I can delete it now.

Thanks
  • Options
    That information you were given is false. There is no set time limit that an auction can have feedback left for it. The MINIMUM is 90 days.

Is this new? I thought after 90 days you can't pull up the item number, and after 90 days the ebayer is removed from your feedback forum.
  • Options
    Ok, I found this in the: Home > Community > Discussion Boards > Feedback > Discussion

Question: How long after the auction ends can I leave feedback?
    Answer: Feedback can be left for at least 90 days after the auction, often a few days or even weeks and months longer.

Feedback Board FAQ; Your First Stop for Answers

Welcome to the Feedback Discussion Board

If you need to leave feedback for a transaction that is more than 90 days old, you may do so using the "single transaction form" link located on the Leave Feedback page. Remember, eBay only commits to items being available for 90 days, so if it is greater than 90 days you may not be able to leave feedback.

Thank you for the information.
  • Options
    gmoneystylesgmoneystyles Posts: 349 ✭✭
    did you bother to read my second post Ranger Bob? Jeesh! Give it up people!
  • Options
    did you bother to read my second post Ranger Bob? Jeesh! Give it up people!

Hmm... What about it? Give what up? The guy was just making a statement and I think he was just providing information to the guy. Jeesh! Someone needs some sleep.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    Newbies abound! SOmeone save me!
  • Options

HOOAH!
  • Options
    Kitty(-1)
    Comment From Date / Time
    "Dog, I just wasnt feeling your perfromance tonight" gmoneystyles May 3, 2005 12:31AM

heh
  • Options

• Options
    If you have 1 negative for every 500 to 1000 positives, you really shouldn't worry, except for losing bidders that only bid on people with 100% positive feedback.