Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Seagrams Collectible Mirror of 1st US Army vs Navy Game

Seagrams Collecible Sport Series vintage mirror depicting the very first Army vs. Navy Game.

My Dad passed away 1-30-98. He was THE Top Route Salesman every year that he worked for this one distributor that handled all the top brands of Spirits. My Dad, God rest his soul, worked for 2 cents on a dollar and died a very wealthy man. I am his only son. Just today I started going through Vintage Bar Mirrors, some advertising certain Brands that I, having been exposed to this all my life, had NEVER heard of until TODAY.

I found some of the most beautiful mirrors I've ever seen and have just scratched the surface as there are many more yet to look through but THIS ONE MIRROR IN PARTICULAR JUST BLEW ME AWAY. It was from a Seagrams Sports Collection series that depicted the very first Army vs. Navy Game back in 1890.

I've never posted here so if I'm out of place, please forgive me but I need to research this and have posted just in case someone may be familiar with what I am speaking of. Man, if I could get all the Football Memorabilia Collectors together, particularly perhaps retired Army or Navy Men and maybe even one that went on to play in the Pros and collects this sort of thing, I JUST KNOW they would be interested in this beautiful collectible that depicts such an historic event.

If anyone can give me any good advice and maybe point me in the right direction I sure would be forever grateful. Now I can't wait to see if he has the entire collection. Dad had a lot of super nice collectibles like this.image

Comments

• Options
    SlangNRoxSlangNRox Posts: 774 ✭✭
    pics?
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    if the mirror its an original it would be one cool piece!

Anything 19th century baseball related its in high demand right now, plus you have a great group of collectors who are into military collectibles as well as bar signs collectors.

You should contact Mastronet.com or Robertedwardsauction.com, both are the premier places to place such an item

good luck and i would love to see pics of it!
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Is this it?

[/L] Text
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that's it, I think it's kind of cool!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    HEY, my first time back here. Thanks guys. YES, that is EXACTLY the one I am referring to and many more. It's been in our guest house (all of them) since before Dad passed away. I'm not real sure of dates but he passed 1-30-98 at age 74 and retired like 9 years before that. So, it's at least that old. I'd always used to go with him to his bin at Magnolia Liquor Company and help him load up his POP, advertisement.

There is so much that I am just discovering back there that it's incredible, even "Spirits", if you know what I mean. Some old aged stuff that I don't even think those brands exist anymore. I don't drink nor does anyone else in the family. Guess it loses it's appeal and mystique if you've been exposed to it since childhood.

Man, Great find. That's it alright. It's awesome in person, particularly to a Football fan and History Buff like I am. Hey, just PM me. I forgot I had posted this as I stay very busy....VERY BUSY! image

Oh, and BTW, I am 50 yrs old and not easily impressed but Man, when I saw this my jaw dropped! ttt
  • Options

Nice GO ARMY!!! HOOAH!
  • Options
    I love that mirror, that's the nicest one I've seen (best condition). Go army!
    Go Army, Beat Navy!