Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

2001 Topps Gold Baseball

can someone give me the story with the 2001 Topps Gold cards...were these cards inserted into packs or just in complete set form? or both?

also with the Topps Traded Gold...same question were they sold as a complete set Topps Traded Gold or were they inserted in some form?

thanks in advance,

Mad97

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Both the Topps Gold and Topps Traded Gold were random inserts in the packs.

Topps Gold were inserted in series one packs at rate of 1:17
    and series two at rate of 1:14

Topps Traded Gold were inserted at rate of 1:3

I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    so the total production for each 2001 Topps Gold cards are at 2001 this including factory sets and the inserts?

at a ratio of 1:17 packs plus factory sets out there...seems like there would be a lot more than just 2001 of these...is there something i'm missing?
  • Options
    The cards for both the traded and base sets were sold as inserts only.The cards were serial #'d to 2001. I remember busting several boxes and on average getting only 3-(ie #0347/2001) The various inserts were not done as gold cards only the base set of 789 cards .... I do not think you are missing anything when you figure you have 789 cards times 2001 inserts time 15.5 packs you get about 24.5 million packs distributed that year... Jeff
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    2001 Topps Factory Sealed Sets...What is the significants of the 'Gold Edition' that comes in the gold box?
  • Options
    From what I understand it is called the christmas set.But why or how I dont know and I own one.They seem to comand a higher price online.I think they are the same cards inside Im not willing to open it to find out.lol