Home Sports Talk
Options

Money just can't buy happiness!

Man oh man, I'd hate to be Jaret Wright right now! This is a guy who in 2 weeks will probably start to have batteries thrown at him by his wonderful home-town fans! Poor, poor Yankees!
Jay

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Man oh man, I'd hate to be Jaret Wright right now! This is a guy who in 2 weeks will probably start to have batteries thrown at him by his wonderful home-town fans! Poor, poor Yankees!
    Jay >>

What about Kevin Brown? The guy is obviously done, and the entire Yankees' staff has been poor at best. A team ERA of over 5, starters are a combined 5-7.

What a mess. I guess money can buy a team, but can't buy pitching?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To some it might seem "unthinkable" but Torre could be gone quickly if this keeps up. To me it wouldn't be a big surprise.
  • Options

<< <i>To some it might seem "unthinkable" but Torre could be gone quickly if this keeps up. To me it wouldn't be a big surprise. >>

I think Cashman would be gone before Torre...but that's just me.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I think that is correct - this isn't really Torre's fault. Seems like Cashman has escaped the wrath of The Big Stein for just long enough...
  • Options
    Yankees fall to 7-11 after today's blowout, and Jared Wright's 'injury'? I'm wondering if it isn't hurt pride and shame of a 9.11 (!!!) ERA.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Kevin Brown done?

I would not be too sure of that.

Both Wright and Brown did not pitch like they know how, but they were not that awful. They pitched over 5 innings at least. The overpriced Yankee offense should be able to score over 7 runs per game.

Its still too early to tell what will happen. This is not Torre or Mattingly's fault. I mean Sierra got a minor injury, but they still have Giambi to fill in that spot. Jeter and Sheffield are hitting where they usually are deep into a season. Pavano and Mussina are doing good and catching up. Wright is young and still needs to get used to things. I would not count him out just now. Brown just needs to keep his chronic back problem in check with the proper exercises and rehab program throughout the year.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    << Kevin Brown done?

I would not be too sure of that. >>

11 earned runs in his last 12 innings.

I'd be a little worried about this guy. Nowhere near the pitcher he was 3-4 years ago
  • Options
    I'm glad I dumped my Yankee season ticket package for a 15% loss before the season started now!!!!

GG