Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Gentlemen, how do you think this "diamond cut" . . .

will affect the grade of this card? Is it worth getting it graded? What would you guess it will grade? Thanks.

"Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image

Comments

• Options
    I think the centering falls within the parameters of PSA 8 guidelines. It's difficult to judge the condition of the corners from the scan but if you think it might only come back as a 7, it probably is not worth grading. A 7 can be had on eBay for about $5, an 8 about $15.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion a card like that is not "worth" getting graded in straight financial terms because I highly doubt it gets a 9. However, it is worth it in personal terms, in my opinion, if you had the card you whole life, plan to keep it, etc....
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mac
    It's hard to tell the corners from the scan - a 7 or more like a 6. The centering is not really that bad.

Also, I would like to clarify what I think is a diamond cut - in your case, there is a slight "Tilt" to the pic in the card.

A true diamond cut is where the card is not at 90 degree angles and appears more like a parallelogram:

Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    bump
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    if the top right side is wider than the left side (not a rectangle) then psa may not grade the card.