Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's this seller trying to pull- PSA 7.5?

First there's no scan, then it's a 7.5, then 1970 isn't Bench's rookie year. A lot of cards for sale, some would be pricey, no scans of any. Bench

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Well, that explains why there's no scan. image

The best you can hope for is that he has a GAI or BVG 7.5 and is doing some truly heinous false advertising. The worst, of course, is that he doesn't have anything he claims to have, and doesn't even know enough about grading to make it sound credible.
  • Options
    I had asked the seller about a 7.5 on another card, and he had said if I didn't know anything about graded cards, not to bid! I then asked for a scan of the card and got no reply.
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I asked the buy why he is bidding on this card when there is no such thing as a PSA 7.5 and that Bench's rookie card is from 1968. See if I get a response.

Stingray
  • Options
    "A fool and his money ... "

The seller probably looked at the wrong PSA grading scale and used that. PSA/DNA uses .5 grades for signed baseballs. They may have started using them for cards as well without telling anyone.

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets