Home Stamps Forum
Options

I've been out of Stamps for 15 plus years, What happened to Prices????

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just starting looking at stamps again after all this time. And OMG what happened
to prices they're so much less than 15 years ago.
Can anyone explain what happened?
Thanks,
Smitty

Comments

• Options
    are you kidding! USPS is ready for another increase real soon. when was the last time you sent a letter?
    first became interested in cardboard at the age of three. since then i have collected varying examples of textures, corregation grades, glue types, etc. from all over the world. Finding this site and fellow collectors who are as equally devoted to the phenomenon has brought a whole new point, purpose and meaning to my exsitence.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    stamp collecting was really big in 40's and 50's

those people died

not enough new collectors

dealers holding tons of inventory
    the ones still in business )

not enouh new collectors
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The inverted jenny held its value.....
    Good for you.
  • Options
    seems pretty active to me, things seem pretty high priced (cumilatively). if your looking for activity try stamporama, lots of cool / intersting info, discussion boards, auctions, trades, etc.

where are you going to find out your info? online? shows? dealer shops? other collectors?

this site (CU) is more active for the coin collectors, dont know why. still a great site though, im hooked.

have phun.
    first became interested in cardboard at the age of three. since then i have collected varying examples of textures, corregation grades, glue types, etc. from all over the world. Finding this site and fellow collectors who are as equally devoted to the phenomenon has brought a whole new point, purpose and meaning to my exsitence.
  • Options
    100proof1957100proof1957 Posts: 6,231
    stamps have been in the tank for years.
    anything after 1940 is postage !

been selling my dads hoard for 70 % of face to fund coins !