Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

There will be a "watershed" event wth the Morse Saint Collection...

Heritage Auction in November:

This is apparantly the finest set ever assembled, with many coins unseen for years! Many are HIGHEST GRADED, and there are about 600 in the complete collection...including:

Ultra High Relief PCGS PR69!
1927-D MS67
1920-S MS66
1921 MS 66

Many, many more...I think this will be a major event in determining the state of the high end market and it should be remarkable.

The details are still sketchy but if anyone actually wondered where many of the POP 1 or 2 coins were, I think they have arrived!

Very Coool!!image

Comments

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I simply must correct, since it's the second time I've seen the mistake:

The Ultra High Relief would have to be PR69, not MS69
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    as they all were Proofs., that is correct...call it a mistake of habit.
  • Options
    I'm a WANNABE guru...do I need to go to India?

• Options
    jpkinlajpkinla Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    $40,000,000 ain't squat.This man is a major owner of the Boston Red Sox.Perhaps Curt Shilling and David Ortiz will start collecting Saints.It doesn't matter what he paid.The pressure is on Heritage to produce and please this man.

Stewart

• Options
    SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭
    The majority owner of the RED SOX is John Henry. He is a hedge fund manager out of Florida. He's worth about Five Billion big ones....BUT his funds have done horrible the last few years, and I hear he has taken a back seat in terms of running the funds day to day. I guess he's been collecting Ultra High Reliefs and 27-D's, World Series rings in his semi-retirement, not a bad life!
    Collecting since 1976.
  • Options
    I wish these guys would go away and collect baseball cards! Jay, I can't even fathom how nice the catalogs will be. Will faint opening them. Unbelievable. I guess a businessman is always a businessman and they think it is a good time to sell, but with that kind of money, WHY SELL???

Jay, you need your stock to go up NOW!!!image
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    I really think that I should clean up the garage to see where those rare things areimage

Dennis
  • Options
    KA-THUMP!!!!! I believe that was the sound of a name dropping!!!!
    RAD
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JB come on - give it up you nut caseimage
    you plan on adding to your set or saving the napkins image ??

Darn do any of you rich folks have a lost son somewhere?? I may be him image

Marc
  • Options
    This "nut case" is out of his league on the flagship coins in THIS collection! Perhaps a nik-nak or two, but this one is for the gazillionairres that Laura is hugging. image
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Heritage Auction in November: >>

November? Serious? Where? Any announcements for sure?
  • Options
    Dallas...I think it's just these...Not sure...
  • Options
    Needless to say I am as excited as a kid in a candy store to see the set(s) as they are offered for sale. I agree with Laura (as usual) that the true test of the market will be the sale of these GEMS. The curent owners of registered sets are Doctors, Lawyers and Entrepeneurs with reasonably deep pockets and a willingness to participate in the Saint Gaudens series. HMMM, should I sell the Park Avenue Collection now or later or just hope I can add some of these monsters as upgrades.
    Bob Green
    bgreen@parkavenumis.com
    800-992-9881
    Visit us at www.parkavenumis.com
  • Options
    I don't know about you but I look forward to challenging the gazillionaires......This should be fun......

I am getting all my kid's piggy banks together and rolling my loose coins!

My $10 Indian Gold Registry Set
  • Options
    Great scoop JB is there a link to the Heritage ad?
    GTS
  • Options
    It was in Coin World...April 25 or 28th...I'm sure there will be more forthcoming, but from what I've seen it is beyond anything ever seen! Once you get past the huge number of commons.

I hope that Heritage has an auction of the "SUPREME" coins first...It would seem foolish to auction 100 1924's and then, hey, here's a 1924-D MS66...you think the momentum would suffer??image
  • Options
    What makes you so sure they are going to AUCTION a 100 1924's? I don't think so.....The sale will consist of high end Saints and some $10 Indians I would think.....

My $10 Indian Gold Registry Set
  • Options
    I have heard that there are 650 coins in the collection. Now common sense would sat to do all the premier coins by themselves, which I am sure they will do...but there is a lot of chaffe.