Home Sports Talk
Options

I have heard it all now! Labron James is a gigantic WUSS

ESPN just reported that he may want to be traded from Cleveland BECAUSE HIS MOM DOES NOT LIKE THE TEAM'S LEADERSHIP! That alone should get his ASS kicked all over the court AND the press. YOU have got to be kidding me. HIS MOMMY?????

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>ESPN just reported that he may want to be traded from Cleveland BECAUSE HIS MOM DOES NOT LIKE THE TEAM'S LEADERSHIP! That alone should get his ASS kicked all over the court AND the press. YOU have got to be kidding me. HIS MOMMY?????

>>

It wouldn't be the first time ESPN jumped the gun. And I am sure Lebron's mother isn't the only one who doesn't like the team's leadership (or lack thereof). First, they let Carlos Boozer go because the GM was a moron, then they fire Paul Silas, then they leave Lebron as the only talent on that team. Anyone who's a fan of Lebron would want him to be traded out of that mess. But because his mom was interviewed, she's the impetus for the trade rumor? I've been hearing for months that Lebron is going to end up somewhere else.

• Options
    you missed the point. I know there are a million reasons NOT to want to be a cav or a cav fan, but the thing I think is SAD AS HELL is that Labron James has his MOMMY making comments to the press for him. No other big, bad, tough NBA "gangsta / playa" would Ever want their Mommy out there telling everyone what they need to do with "her wittle baby". I am SURE that will really help his "street cred"image
  • Options
    Where do you have him saying that he has his mom speaking for him?

How do you know that the espn writer didnt call her and get her input on it?

It seems you are reading a lot more into this than is actually there. Wouldn't any mother want what is best for her son? But when a mom does speak up, somehow he's a wuss?

I don't get it.
  • Options
    what do you expect for a college avoiding kid driving a hummer to his high school typing class? God I hate the NBA.

GG
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Lebron would look just fine in Purple & Gold image
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    what do you expect for a college avoiding kid driving a hummer to his high school typing class? God I hate the NBA.

Is that any different than an 18-19 year old going straight to the majors? Or even the minor league, as the basic premise for your statement seems to be that the NBA pays high school grads for skipping college. If the NBA implements an age limit, it may be challengeable. I am not an attorney, so I am unaware of any legalese concerning that.

Back to the issue ... does any Cav fan think that Lebron is going to be a Cav for life? He is arguably the biggest draw in the NBA, arguably the best player in the NBA, and stands to make a lot more cha-ching in endorsements if he plays for big market team.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>It seems you are reading a lot more into this than is actually there. Wouldn't any mother want what is best for her son? But when a mom does speak up, somehow he's a wuss?

I don't get it. >>

Your mom come to your office and handle your business for you too? (would not surprise me) image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It seems you are reading a lot more into this than is actually there. Wouldn't any mother want what is best for her son? But when a mom does speak up, somehow he's a wuss?

I don't get it. >>

Your mom come to your office and handle your business for you too? (would not surprise me) image >>

Oh you're just a comedian aren't you?

I've asked since you posted this garbage of a post....WHERE did you see Lebron's mother was the driving force for him to get traded. What most likely happened is some random reporter, talking to her, asked what she thought of Lebron's team and it's management, and she spoke honestly in saying that management is a mess (it is) and that Lebron would be better off somewhere else (he would).

You seem so eager to jump all over this 'story', yet I have yet to hear a single credible source (and no, skippy, I don't consider you a reliable source) that has even MENTIONED this.

So, care to back up your nonsense with a link to an official story (espn, SI)? Some guy's blog doesn't count.

Hmm somehow I knew you'd have NO credible link to this.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>you missed the point. I know there are a million reasons NOT to want to be a cav or a cav fan, but the thing I think is SAD AS HELL is that Labron James has his MOMMY making comments to the press for him. No other big, bad, tough NBA "gangsta / playa" would Ever want their Mommy out there telling everyone what they need to do with "her wittle baby". I am SURE that will really help his "street cred"image >>

Sounds like the Eli Manning BS with his daddy coming out and saying that he didn't want Eli going to San Diegoimage

Personally, I'm damn glad he isn't with the Chargers!!!!!imageimageimageimageimageimage

Steve
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Jordan he ain't.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with high school kids skipping college for the pros in hoops. Some of the best pure talent never went to college and they thrive in the NBA.

However, the reality is that off the court who, among well rounded, responsible, hardworking adults, would want to hang out with such one dimensional people. Watching them play is great. Talking to them and having to interact with them on a regular basis would drive me nuts. This not only applies to athletes but to anyone who is at the top of whatever field they are in (business, science, art, music, etc.). The highest achievers are so driven that they do not take the time to explore life outside the narrow box that they have placed themselves in.

BTW, as far as LeBron going to the Lakers, the publicity surrounding such a deal would be unreal. I suspect that Kobe and LeBron would have a contest of wills over who would be the team leader. Much like Kobe and Shaq, I do not see Kobe taking a second chair, given his "only Kobe" attitude. Whether his LeBron would be content to take second chair to Kobe is unclear. I suspect that if he did, his willingness to do so would last not more than a season. As he progresses from being a boy (18-22) to a man, I expect that his own ego and competitive fire would blossom and exert itself. If his stats during his first five years in the NBA dwarf those of Kobe, Jordon etc., he will become the Marquee player in the league around which a global marketing campaign will be centered. All he will have to do is keep his pants on and zippered and avoid the temptations that will present themselves. If he can stay squeaky clean, there is no limit to how successful he can become both on and off the court.

As far as his mom goes, it may be difficult for him to do so while he is so young, but he should request that she not talk to the media.
  • Options

<< <i>I've asked since you posted this garbage of a post....WHERE did you see Lebron's mother was the driving force for him to get traded. What most likely happened is some random reporter, talking to her, asked what she thought of Lebron's team and it's management, and she spoke honestly in saying that management is a mess (it is) and that Lebron would be better off somewhere else (he would).

You seem so eager to jump all over this 'story', yet I have yet to hear a single credible source (and no, skippy, I don't consider you a reliable source) that has even MENTIONED this.

So, care to back up your nonsense with a link to an official story (espn, SI)? Some guy's blog doesn't count.
    somehow I knew you'd have NO credible link to this. >>

First, You are a freakin MORON who is clearly braindamaged from being dropped as a child.
    Second, ESPN is a TELEVISION network, so How exactly do you propose I "LINK" to it?
    Third, it was not an Interview with his mother.

Ok, read this slowly (and I will use small words so you will not get confused).

On Sportscenter (a tv show on Espn tv network) last night AND repeated again this morning, they were doing a story about how bad Cleveland is and how they have basically thown away their chance at the playoffs. That led into a story about Labron and whether or not he would try to leave.
    During that discussion, one of the men talking (do not know his name, just a young black reporter) said that "It is also interesting that even Labron's mother has come out and made it clear that She is not happy with the Cav's leadership and they way they are using her son."

now If you need a "LINK" try this one: www.espn.com

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've asked since you posted this garbage of a post....WHERE did you see Lebron's mother was the driving force for him to get traded. What most likely happened is some random reporter, talking to her, asked what she thought of Lebron's team and it's management, and she spoke honestly in saying that management is a mess (it is) and that Lebron would be better off somewhere else (he would).

somehow I knew you'd have NO credible link to this. >>

First, You are a freakin MORON who is clearly braindamaged from being dropped as a child.
    Second, ESPN is a TELEVISION network, so How exactly do you propose I "LINK" to it?
    Third, it was not an Interview with his mother.

Ok, read this slowly (and I will use small words so you will not get confused).

On Sportscenter (a tv show on Espn tv network) last night AND repeated again this morning, they were doing a story about how bad Cleveland is and how they have basically thown away their chance at the playoffs. That led into a story about Labron and whether or not he would try to leave.
    During that discussion, one of the men talking (do not know his name, just a young black reporter) said that "It is also interesting that even Labron's mother has come out and made it clear that She is not happy with the Cav's leadership and they way they are using her son."

now If you need a "LINK" try this one: www.espn.com

image >>

Well, you are the typical board troll. You have changed your entire story when you get called out for posting absolute BS. It went from being 'he may want to be traded from Cleveland BECAUSE HIS MOM DOES NOT LIKE THE TEAM'S LEADERSHIP!' to 'Lebron's mother has come out and made it chear she is not happy with the Cav's leadership and the way they are using her son'.

Huh? Was I the only one who saw an incredible disconnect between the two? It's a vastly different post to say that his mom has said she's unhappy with the team's management, than it is to say she's the driving force behind the deal.

And as far as linking to a story, is it really that difficult to link to the story within ESPN's webpages? Oh wait, I guess it'd be impossible because it doesn't exist!

I don't know why you are so jealous of Lebron. He is a supremely talented and gifted athlete who has had every opportunity to epitomize the young kid with money, yet all he has done is carry an entire franchise on his shoulders and get them nearly to the playoffs. Despire the management of the team doing everything it can to screw it up (unloading their talent, firing their coach with 20 games left, etc. etc.) Lebron is not whining to the media about it. He's not complaining about there being no talent around. He's manning up and playing ball.

I think you (Gobravesgo) have some sort of personal vendetta against him for whatever reason. Next time you post something insinuating something, I suggest you posting a LINK that verifies it. Otherwise, you'll be called to the rug for posting inane and untrue rumors.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I think you (Gobravesgo) have some sort of personal vendetta against him for whatever reason. Next time you post something insinuating something, I suggest you posting a LINK that verifies it. Otherwise, you'll be called to the rug for posting inane and untrue rumors. >>

just reporting what they said.
    and YES it is only a GIANT (P)ussy that would allow his MOMMA to do that kind of press work, but then again your's is probably still wiping your butt each day!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I think you (Gobravesgo) have some sort of personal vendetta against him for whatever reason. Next time you post something insinuating something, I suggest you posting a LINK that verifies it. Otherwise, you'll be called to the rug for posting inane and untrue rumors. >>

just reporting what they said.
    and YES it is only a GIANT (P)ussy that would allow his MOMMA to do that kind of press work, but then again your's is probably still wiping your butt each day!
    image >>

Wow, nice way to get yourself banned by trying to get around the language filter. I'm sure the admins will enjoy kicking you off of here.

As far as my 'momma', I guess it's nice to sit there anonymously posting this garbage? Because I'm sure you've never spoken to anyone in person that way. I guess it takes a big man to hurl insults on a messageboard, huh tough guy?

And you were 'reporting'? Since when do 'reporters' (and I'll use that term very, very loosely in your case) misconstrue the facts, not label sources, and out and out lie when it comes to telling a story? Who do you work for the national enquirer? Oh wait, that would imply that you have a job...you probably sit at home all day collecting those welfare checks eating the government cheese.

Get a job ya bum, and leave the reporting to the real reporters you hack.

Next time you attempt to be funny and make light of an athlete, at least be accurate in it. Outright lying just makes you look even more foolish (if that were possible). The worst part of this all? You think you're funny.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see Kobe/LeBron on the same team because the only way Lebron would go to LA is if Kobe was sent to Cleveland (and more with kobe probably)

Personally, I dont see why the Cavs are so crappy. they were decent (4ish seed) through the first few months of the season. Z, Gooden, Jeff Mac, are all pretty solid. Next year I can see them being a 3-5 seed if this current team stays together...
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS