Home Sports Talk
Options

Just for the record.....

I predicted the Orioles would have a great year. All of you Oriole fans must know that the 1st half of last year Baltimore and their pitchers did terrible, but then they got a new piching coach and they were one of the best teams in MLB the 2nd half. They also gave the Bosox a very hard time and prevented them from winning the division.

Your MLB predictions...

<<Gemmy10
Collector

Saturday April 02, 2005 12:41 PM

AL:

East: NY Yankees
Central: Twins
West: Angels
Wild: Baltimore

Div: Baltimore over Angels
Yanks over Twins

ALCS: Yankees over Baltimore

NL:

East: Braves
Central: Cards
West: LA
Wild: Marlins

Div: Braves over LA
Cards over Marlins

NLCS: Cards over Braves

WS: Yankees over Cards in 6>>

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I predicted the Orioles would have a great year. >>

And you are saying after less than 2 weeks in the Orioles have had a great year?

Good god spammy you sure are quick to pat yourself on the back...but you fail to mention how you picked the yankees to win the division. So based on your own reasoning, if this plays out to the end of the year, you failed miserably, as your 'beloved' yankees are 4-8 and tied with the devil rays(!!) in the cellar.

Great job though spam boy!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    LOL The Yanks and their cash are on pace to go 54-108. I dont think you will have to worry about post season
    action with a record like that. You need to worry about falling behind the d-rays in the cellar!

JS
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

I still pick the Yankees to win the Division. It will be the Red Sox this year who go home packing. The Yankees had a miserable start last year too but won 101 games. How about those Mariners Axel Rose? how did they fare last year?
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I still pick the Yankees to win the Division. It will be the Red Sox this year who go home packing. The Yankees had a miserable start last year too but won 101 games. How about those Mariners Axel Rose? how did they fare last year? >>

How did this turn into how the mariners did last year? This thread was about your all-knowing powers of prediction.

As far as my mariners go, they are in first place, where your yanks are 4 out and in the cellar tied with arguably the worst team in basebal with the D rays.

It's funny spammy. You say you predicted the orioles doing well, and then point to their first 2 weeks' record. Then when faced with the same 2 weeks putting the yanks in the cellar, you say 'oh no they'll turn it around!' The orioles could just as well go down as the yanks could rise. Why not just be a man and say 'the orioles are doing right on as I expected, but the yankees look like they're not going to do anything this year'? Why try to boost yourself up and then try to cover 'your' team as well? Why not just say 'it looks like the yanks have a long road ahead of em'?

Silly spammy.

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Before we go annointing the Orioles the Wild Card can we at least wait until they face a few teams with decent pitching. In the three games against the only quality pitching they have seen against Oakland they scored a total of 5 runs and lost 2 out of 3.