Home Sports Talk
Options

The new Mets!!

5 in a row!! a 1 hitter by there minor league call up 5 pitcher! awesome!!!! pedro tomorow!! then glavine maybe 7-5 after the weekend!

axtell how about an apology? 0-162 LOL!! maybe 157-5!!

LETS GO METS!!

Comments

• Options
    CELLAR MY A$$

LETS GO METS !!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>CELLAR MY A$$

LETS GO METS !! >>

And still behind the nationals!

An apology for what? Your team with it's 3rd highest payroll winning a few games? I'd expect you spending over 100 million this year in payroll to actually win more games than you lose, but you won't!
  • Options
    Go try and rain on someone elses parade my friend

• Options

<< <i>Go try and rain on someone elses parade my friend >>

The truth hurts doesn't it?
  • Options
    No, it's just that my team has just won 5 in a row and yours is

RINGLESS ! ! !
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    truth is you said 0-162!!?? so psyhic(spelling) you are not!

come on axtell admit it!! they look good! awesome lineup, great bench, pitching starting to come around! have enuff money to make a trade and some prospects to deal! THE NEW METS PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!
  • Options

<< <i>truth is you said 0-162!!?? so psyhic(spelling) you are not!
    >>

dude if you didn't catch on, that's how EVERY commentator talks during the first few games 'so and so is on pace for [some absurd number based on a few games]'. You didn't actually think I thought they were going to winless, did you?

<< <i> come on axtell admit it!! they look good! awesome lineup, great bench, pitching starting to come around! have enuff money to make a trade and some prospects to deal! THE NEW METS PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR! >>

And admit what? That they spent more than anyone else besides the Red Sox and Yanks? The only thing I'll admit is that Pedro will be on the DL by July and the NY media will be all over Beltran when he has a long slump (and he will).

• Options
    Axdull, do you ever have anything nice to say ? . Every post you sound like a bitter old man lol
  • Options

<< <i>Axdull, do you ever have anything nice to say ? . Every post you sound like a bitter old man lol >>

If I am a bitter old man, what does that make you in replying to every thing I say? Maybe jealous of the insight I provide? haha

Loosen up...if you can't take some razzing about your team, it'll be a long season for ya. How's the saying go 'if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen'?
  • Options
    no doubt axdull attacks every single person on this board!!

I know it must be tuff being a mariners bucs fan! but relax your teams might make the playoffs once every 25 years!

how bout them cowboys whoops i mean METS!! 5 in a row baby!!!!
  • Options
    Axtell i realize what this board is about but i at least try and mix it up a bit.

Give props once in a while and then also talk some s*#% here and there
  • Options

<< <i>no doubt axdull attacks every single person on this board!!

I know it must be tuff being a mariners bucs fan! but relax your teams might make the playoffs once every 25 years!

how bout them cowboys whoops i mean METS!! 5 in a row baby!!!! >>

I attack everyone? Nah, just those who think that winning a few games (after losing what, 5 in a row to start the season) is reason to get so excited about.

Must be tough being a bucs and m's fan because they don't make the playoffs? Hmm, you're making me think you're like your boy Kobe, and only follow 'winning' teams.

I am sure you'll attempt to prove to me otherwise, though?
  • Options
    << Hmm, you're making me think you're like your boy Kobe, and only follow 'winning' teams. >>

lol I've been a Mets fan as long as i can remember any memories in my lifetime and i follow winning teams ? Wouldn't switching to the Yanks in the late seventies been following a winning team

P.S Im also a Ranger fan in the sport of Hockey. Another winning team huh

• Options
    funny how anyone could call a mets fan a bandwagon jumper that only likes winning teams??

i always been a mets fan and they have had some good years but the majority of the years they not good!

you must be cranky? how old are you anyway?
  • Options
    Had to work until 8:00 tonight . Got home and gave the kids baths and put them to bed

Threw some din din in the microwave, grabbed a cold Guiness, threw in the tape of the Mets game this afternoon and watched

their 6th straight win today !!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    You have to admit, the Mets are going to be exciting this year - and, if they can stay healthy (Reyes, Pedro etc.), they could win 90-95 games. Maybe a 1986 WS rematch is in the cards?
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

The New Mets = The New/Old Cubs = Both Are Gone By the All Star Break image

Axtell -

At least the Phillies have a ring, a ring, a big shiny blazing World Series Ring!

Not that you have disrespected the Phillies as much as the Eagles, but given the chance I'll make sure to say that -

The Phillies have a ring, how about the Mariners!

Thank you, I feel much better now.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

To Axtell Rose, any fan is a "Fair Weather" fan who has had the luxury of having their team win the the Big One(s) and then their team falls upon hard times, abeit hopefully temporary at that. That Horse's Arse just assumes that since the Mets had fallen upon hard times until now, that all the Mets fans had become Yankee fans. Sound likes a very bitter guy to me, eh? Must be because his band is not as popular as it use to be.
  • Options

<< <i>To Axtell Rose, any fan is a "Fair Weather" fan who has had the luxury of having their team win the the Big One(s) and then their team falls upon hard times, abeit hopefully temporary at that. That Horse's Arse just assumes that since the Mets had fallen upon hard times until now, that all the Mets fans had become Yankee fans. Sound likes a very bitter guy to me, eh? Must be because his band is not as popular as it use to be. >>

What in the hell are you talking about? Did you take too much cough syrup this morning?

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    AHHHHH Phillies v Braves tonight prime time on ESPN and I don't have CABLE!!!!!

someone help

GO PHILS

JS
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    What better time than now to start another winning streak

LETS GO METS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Lets smack those phillies around tomorow night!!