Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Look what Ohio Democrats wanted to do...

I also posted this on the US Forum.

This was in an article discussing the budget...

House Republicans tabled 30 amendments offered by Democrats, including moves to restore funding for the Disability Medical Assistance program, tax the sale of investment coins, impose a vanity tax on cosmetic surgeries, and restore cuts to Medicaid coverage for working parents

A question to those "in the know"... what distinguishes an "investment coin" from all the others? Price? Grade level? Or are they all lumped into that catagory. I'm a collector, not an investor. Therefore, my coins are "collectable coins", not "investment coins". image

I know some states currently tax the sale of coins and that stinks!! I'm afraid if they start that crap in my state, I'm going to switch to collecting rocks. image

Dan

Comments

• Options
    They are only doing this because of the big flap against Tom Noe using state money to invest in coins. See last weeks Toledo-Blade edtions for numerous articles. I think they have an online site.
  • Options
    Leave it up to our boys in Columbus to make a mess of things.image
    Gee maybe an state office in Ohio would like to buy me out???????image

We need accountability from our politicans, NOW not next year.image

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224

<< <i>We need accountability from our politicans, NOW not next year.image >>

That's what recall elections are for ... if enough people are unhappy with them ... vote them out!

Fortunately I don't have to worry about it ... the tax on coins was repealed in Missouri by a largely Democratic legislature at the time.

Steve
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Dave

what we need is to get rid of Bob Taft!

that guy is a Moron!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Taft was popular?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743

<< <i>Look what Ohio Democrats wanted to do >>

What else is new?
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought Taft was popular? >>

yes, Republicans and Democrats alike Love to hate him!