Home Sports Talk
Options

Steve Stone - Your Opinions

While watching some of the baseball games on ESPN last week, I was very pleased to find that Steve Stone was in the booth as a color commentator.

I always loved watching him perform color commentary for the Cubs and was very upset when the "friction" from last year caused him to leave.

I wanted to get everyone else's opinion on his color commentary skills. I personally believe that he is the best in the business and I come away learning something from every game that I watch with him performing color commentary. But then again, I am biased.

Also, name some other of your favorites here.

Thanks

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve Stone knows Baseball... I think he has done well.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    I think Stone has the best understanding of the game of anyone I've ever heard, with the possible exception of Lou Boudreau. But, I'm biased, too.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    Of course IM not biased image.

I too was more than surprised to see him doing that Red Sox Yankees game was it?

The guy knows his baseball inside and out. I will miss him again. At least you can hear him on Chicago sports talk radio from time to time.

He certainly wasnt afraid to tell it like he saw it.