Home Sports Talk
Options

Gemmy and Murcerfan are quiet tonight!

Comments

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    They are at work, but they will be back.

Let's go Yankees.image

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Coolidge, are you related to Calvin?

How did your Lakers do last year? Koby is not much without Shaq.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Coolidge, are you related to Calvin?

How did your Lakers do last year? Koby is not much without Shaq. >>

Spammy, good way to sidestep the issue of the yankees getting spanked today. The yankees in the cellar!!! After spammy declaring 'they're back'.

Spammy boy, why are you invisible here on days 'your' yankees lose, but spouting off with 20 threads on the days they win?

Fair-weathered fan hmmm?
  • Options

The 1998 Yankees had a 3-4 start. They went on to win 125 games and break a MLB record. How many World Championships have the Marineers won? What, you say, NONE? Well in that case how many pennants?
  • Options
    Gemmy,

Did you enjoy the ring ceremony earlier today? image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    yeah there at work in the wood shed, serving Bronson Arroyo and the gang drinks while wearing skirts!

JS
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Murcerfan??? Last I checked, he only makes guest appearances. Gemmy, of course is another matter...yet beloved. image
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Murcerfan isn't going to show - especially not after today. He, along with a lot of Yankee fans, is probably out on a ledge somewhere....

I work with a guy who loves the Yankees. Not exactly a baseball wizard is he, but he likes his Yankees. He told me after the first 2 games that the Yankees were "awesome", "unstoppable", and that they would win "125-130 games" this year. Now, less than a week later, with the teams pitching falling apart (already! I would have thought this would have happened in July or so), he is quiet - and won't even talk baseball with anyone.

Wednesday - Jaret Wright image vs. Curt Schilling. This could get ugly.
  • Options

<< <i>The 1998 Yankees had a 3-4 start. They went on to win 125 games and break a MLB record. How many World Championships have the Marineers won? What, you say, NONE? Well in that case how many pennants? >>

Well of course you have to go to the well of how many championships, right there spam-boy?

Lord your threads are soooo predictable. You won't refute the fact the yankees are playing sub 500 ball (which they are, look at the standings dummy), but you'll brag that they won xxx amount of games (I like how you 'forget' to seperate out regular season wins from the post-season).

You really, really need to come up with some new material.
  • Options
    Watch the Po' Sox rally around their fearless leader Francona the way the Yanks rallied around Torre but win it again and repeat, as unlikely as it sounds...

Last year was all MLB could ask for in light of the steroid scandal darkening its hallowed halls as of late.

I know I am not alone when I say I respect yet hate the NY Yankees...

GO NATIONALS!!!
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The 1998 Yankees had a 3-4 start. They went on to win 125 games and break a MLB record. How many World Championships have the Marineers won? What, you say, NONE? Well in that case how many pennants? >>

Well of course you have to go to the well of how many championships, right there spam-boy?

Lord your threads are soooo predictable. You won't refute the fact the yankees are playing sub 500 ball (which they are, look at the standings dummy), but you'll brag that they won xxx amount of games (I like how you 'forget' to seperate out regular season wins from the post-season).

You really, really need to come up with some new material. >>

This from the man who can only answer "ring, ring, ring" when challenged on the Suckaneers impending collapse. image
  • Options

<< <i>
    This from the man who can only answer "ring, ring, ring" when challenged on the Suckaneers impending collapse. image >>

Well I have never argued the bucs have played poorly the past couple of years. But when someone tries to say the eagles have been more successful because they've been to 4 nfc championship games, I'll argue that all day.

• Options

Axell Rose,

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Great point, Gemmy... image
  • Options
    Spammy,

did you find that on the disney for kids site you frequently daily?