Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Reserves LOWERED by seller(s) a BENEFIT, not a NEG for buyers.

I'm thinking about you, Jacktheknife. Your Los Altos thread comment you stated a fear of manipulation when you bid $2600 on a coin (your coveted want - the 1934-D) THEN THE reseve was lowered to $2500, making you high bidder AND now reaching the reserve, and you received a call from B & M and it didnt feel right to you. (At least that is how I took it).

When an auction sight lowers the reserve, WHY IS THIS ANYTHING BUT A BENEFIT TO THE BIDDERS?

For Example: If you bid $2600 on a coin, you would PAY $2600 and the juice for it, CORRECT? If the reserve was higher, then lowered to below or even AT your bid, You were willing to buy it at that price or LOWER, CORRECT?

What does everyone else think?

Then again, WHY BID SO HIGH FOR A BIG COIN EARLY? You should 1) have someone do it for you at the floor if you can't be there - or even have that same rep check out the "scene" for you, and that rep will PROBABLY get it for you at a better deal then yourself. David Schweitz, Andy Skrabalak come to mind. This could be the best option if you dont want to get burned. 2) Wait and Phone Bid. 3) Wait and bid live at the floor.

Why bid if you dont want it? It is funny. I have bid and "accidently" won some items because I THOUGHT I was low-balling, but won anyway. Maybe I wasn't low balling??? image

Dr. Cummings, I am sure to hear from you...image
The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

Comments