Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

The Swing Into Spring Swap -POST THE RESULTS AS OF TODAY & READ MY LAST POST....for now!

DEADLINE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ANNUAL "SWING INTO SPRING COIN SWAP" IS SUNDAY EVENING, APRIL 24TH 10:30 P.M.

ALL ABOARD THAT'S COMING ABOARD. THE RULES ARE SIMPLE AND I WILL EXPLAIN THEM AS CONCISELY AS I CAN NOW...........

Upon said deadline I will pair people off as swap partners. They are responsible for contacting one another, discussing likes and dislikes, Numismatic Interests, yada, yada, yada... $50 is THE MINIMUM VOTED ON BY MAJORITY. TREAT EACH OTHER THE WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED!!

1- This is NOT a get rid of stuff you no longer want deal. You are NOT to send your partner trash.

2- Conversely, this is not your opportunity to get someone else to go buy for you that which you cannot find or afford on your own. You are NOT to place undue stress and DEMANDS on your partner.

3- THIS IS OUR HOBBY AT IT'S GRASS ROOT'S LEVEL.... THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND GET KNOWN AROUND HERE

4- this is all about having fun. Just use common sense and whatever you do talk it over with your partner exactly how you two will arrive at the agreed upon figure. $50 is the MINIMUM, but NOTHING says you cannot mutually agree on a higher value.

5- HERE'S THE BIGGIE, SO PAY ATTENTION. PROTECT YOURELVES, YOUR REPUTATIONS AND YOUR ITEMS BY AT LEAST SENDING WITH SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION OR INSURED WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. ANYONE THAT STIFFS ANOTHER PERSON WILL HAVE THEIR NAMES POSTED FOR ALL TO SEE ONCE IT IS PROVEN THAT THIS INDEED HAS HAPPENED, AND HOW DO WE PROVE THIS????

By WHAT?....By shipping HOW???? BY OBTAINING A PROVEN WAY TO TRACK AND CONFIRM. DELIVERY CONFIRMATION DOES NOT MEAN YOUR PARTNER GOT THE STUFF. IT SIMPLY MEANS IT WAS DELIVERED....SOMEWHERE. This is why I advocate Signature Confirmation.

I'LL let the stragglers sign in until 10:30 tonight CDT. I should have the names up rather swiftly. Let's use some common sense and common courtesy here, folks and have another successful swap. Any problems, you come to me either by PM or my email address as found in my profile. (Right side-under the pair of glasses) OK? OK !!imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Give it a theme Boom and I'm in.
  • Hi Buddy, glad to see you hosting one again,count me in but.... i can only go $50.00 max
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    This swap will go on even if we 3 have to swap with each other. What a bunch of deadhead partypoopers!

The basic rules still remain the same. No newbie shall just walk in off the street, sign up, get some free coins and haul ass...not gonna happen. ALL entrants MUST BE APPROVED by me.

Aw Hell, let's get em signed up and then I'll explain the ropes. Ya want in, C'Mon in....you don't want to partake....FINE!

Asnovell, I'm looking for you. I do not like responding to you by PM, seeing your light on and then you don't even have the courtesy to reply. If you did as you say, which I have no reason to doubt, then we have an issue to deal with and since you won't respond to me privately( the ONE guy who has always looked out for you) maybe if I call you out publicly you'll respond. This is a piss-poor way to behave. We''ll discuss the rest when you decide to reply. You always seem to have the worst luck!

OK, so if you want to swap, SIGN UP....the minimum is $50.00. Thank you.image
  • Hello,
    What is the rules?
    Thanks.
    www.tradingslabs.com

Jeffs
  • LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Boom, count me in. Had a bad experience with the last swap but it was mostly my fault. It ended satisfactorily. Fifty bucks sounds like a good area. Louie
  • How does this work?
    Don
    I can provide references- or give my phone number...
  • Count me in.
    Rich
    tedssupply and SFDukie, Welcome. The way this works is when everyone that is going to take part signs up and agrees on a MINIMUM, I then draw names and pair people off. They are to contact one another to introduce themselves if they do not already know each other and discuss likes and dislikes, and if possible try to send each other nice coins that they themselves would not mind receiving.
    Although we try to cater to one anothers' likes, in reality sometimes it's just not possible or fair to place undue stress - unrealistic stress, on your partner by expecting them to run out and buy what you collect - or else. It's all about having fun, enjoying our hobby and comraderie of getting to know people.

I'm running late but will check back latr and finish this post or post another message. If you feel like you'd want to give it a go, by all means, sign up. Glad to have you.
    B00Mimage
  • Ok I am In. it will be my first so go easy on me. image
    www.tradingslabs.com

Jeffs
  • asnovellasnovell Posts: 415 ✭✭
    Ok, let's try this again. Please count me in... Andyimage
    Andy
    I've decided to share a PM that I just wrote to a fellow forum member because there are several lessons to be learned here.

This alleged incident ( and I have no reason to doubt this person) obviously has him pissed at me....and ya know what?

It's his fault for not sending a package properly and if he DID, then he is certainly NOT helping me to help retrieve it because he HAS NOT provided me with one shred of information to go to the Postmaster with. ALWAYS SEND YOUR PACKAGES INSURED WITH AT LEAST DELIVERY CONFIRMATION SO YOU CAN TRACK THE SOB.
    **************************************************************************************************
    (FOR EVERBODY'S BENEFIT- LOOK AT THE CRAP THIS HAS CAUSED AND STILL NOTHING TO GO TO THE POSTMASTER WITH.)

If you sent a package here it never showed. Now, do you think for one second that I would lie about such a thing? Never! I mean....REALLY!

If you did then I need to know about it and you need to provide me with some ammunition to go the Postmaster with, like a Delivery Confirmation ticket or insured #s...SOMETHING!

If you did, then somebody else around my neighborhood got them and I need to know because now I'll have to be on guard against burglaries.

Talk to me XXXXXXX. ALWAYS get AT LEAST insured with delivery confirmation. This way you have tracking numbers. PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES.

Now I'm freaking, wondering what's going on and who is eyeballing for when I'm not here. THAT'S NOT COOL.image
    *************************************************************************************************
    PEOPLE.... THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY! A little common sense when shipping MONEY through the mail, like covering your asses with Delivery and or Signature Confirmation and $1.30 to $2.00 for some damned insurance can prevent a lot of heartache, hard feelings and NOW, HAVING TO BE WATCHFUL THAT IT IS NOW A REALITY THAT THIS PKG COULD BE ANYWHERE IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD AND PEOPLE THAT OUGHT NOT, NOW KNOW MY BUSINESS AND I HAVE TO SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN WITH A GUN HANDY BECAUSE SOME CRACKHEAD...........LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED TO STMAN.

People burglarized him in broad fricking daylight with him home, in the back yard and ran out the front as he came in the back!! DAMN....This has me pissed as Hell. GET A GRIP!

THIS WAS WRITTEN AND SHARED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES, EXACTLY AS I FEEL RIGHT NOW WITH NO KID GLOVES ON OR CANDY COATING IT. For lack of $2.00 a lot of needless CRAP has been and is continuing to go on. This is a crock ofimage

Editted for spelling errors

Now, let me see how many have signed up!
  • MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    I'd like to give this a shot. I would prefer the $50 min and I promise to send everything insured with delivery confirmation.

Millertime
  • I am in $50 works for meimage
    I fgure I'll let this run to Sunday evening lateish, say 10:30 CDT and we'll shut it down and the swap partners will be posted. If you guys know of any others that might like to take part tell them to sign up!
    Thanks,
    B00M image
  • Hi I am very new, just signed up this morning. I would not be considered a hit and runner and would like to meet others, this sounds like a good venue. I would like you to consider me for this activity. If not (no offence will be taken) you will know me better when you host the next one...
    There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
    I say "Welcome' AND WILLTOUCH BASE AGAIN LATER, All day long I thought something was wrong with my computer as it kept saying, "Cannot Find Server". I'm sur glad I have this seperate old back up.
  • thank goodness, losses due to USPS are now only 4 coins. Me, I take the loss. makes it hard to sell coins. As far as the other problem, I came home early one day and saw my side gate was open, I went to see why and had someone trying to open my back door. Needless to say, I asked them what they wanted, this starry eyed 25-30 yr old, told me he was looking for coins. Well, I may be a disabled Vet, but at 260lbs and 6'2 I can give a good run with the best. I grabbed this guy by the ear and lead him off my property, showed him my 38 smith and wesson, and told him no warning shots. It , to this day, amazes me how fast a person can run, while peeing his pants. I am not a big NRA person, but when I read some of the stories of collectors getting ripped off, I suggest that any dealer in coins, carry a gun with the proper permits. The consitution gives us the right to bear arms, it is a shame that we really need to.
    For those that may not have read the edited opening post here is the copied version.

DEADLINE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ANNUAL "SWING INTO SPRING COIN SWAP" IS SUNDAY EVENING, APRIL 24TH 10:30 P.M.

ALL ABOARD THAT'S COMING ABOARD. THE RULES ARE SIMPLE AND I WILL EXPLAIN THEM AS CONCISELY AS I CAN NOW...........

Upon said deadline I will pair people off as swap partners. They are responsible for contacting one another, discussing likes and dislikes, Numismatic Interests, yada, yada, yada... $50 is THE MINIMUM VOTED ON BY MAJORITY. TREAT EACH OTHER THE WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED!!

1- This is NOT a get rid of stuff you no longer want deal. You are NOT to send your partner trash.

2- Conversely, this is not your opportunity to get someone else to go buy for you that which you cannot find or afford on your own. You are NOT to place undue stress and DEMANDS on your partner.

3- THIS IS OUR HOBBY AT IT'S GRASS ROOT'S LEVEL.... THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND GET KNOWN AROUND HERE

4- this is all about having fun. Just use common sense and whatever you do talk it over with your partner exactly how you two will arrive at the agreed upon figure. $50 is the MINIMUM, but NOTHING says you cannot mutually agree on a higher value.

5- HERE'S THE BIGGIE, SO PAY ATTENTION. PROTECT YOURELVES, YOUR REPUTATIONS AND YOUR ITEMS BY AT LEAST SENDING WITH SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION OR INSURED WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. ANYONE THAT STIFFS ANOTHER PERSON WILL HAVE THEIR NAMES POSTED FOR ALL TO SEE ONCE IT IS PROVEN THAT THIS INDEED HAS HAPPENED, AND HOW DO WE PROVE THIS????

By WHAT?....By shipping HOW???? BY OBTAINING A PROVEN WAY TO TRACK AND CONFIRM. DELIVERY CONFIRMATION DOES NOT MEAN YOUR PARTNER GOT THE STUFF. IT SIMPLY MEANS IT WAS DELIVERED....SOMEWHERE. This is why I advocate Signature Confirmation.

I'LL let the stragglers sign in until 10:30 tonight CDT. I should have the names up rather swiftly. Let's use some common sense and common courtesy here, folks and have another successful swap. Any problems, you come to me either by PM or my email address as found in my profile. (Right side-under the pair of glasses) OK? OK !!imageimageimageimageimage
  • Time UP?
    www.tradingslabs.com

Jeffs
    Time IS up, however I'm waiting for a reply from BobCoinz to see if we'll end up an even dozen or not so everybody chill a bit.

Hang loose or start putting packages together.

OK guys...I'm giving Bobcoinz till 10:00 CDT tonite to clarify as to whether or not he is in. As it stands, I do not know how to interpret his post here other than for entertainment purposes butt I DO want to give him a chance. By that time, either way, I will post the pairings.

B00M image
  • Set me up to even out the field, Boom.

jim
    Jim Chandler
    Thanks Jim but I will still let it run till the deignated time because I do not want to inadvertantly misread someone or leave anyone out that wants to participate. So.
    LAST CALL......DEADLINE TO ENTER IS FAST APPROACHING. SIGN UP NOW!

I've got a few things to take care of so I'm outta here for a bit. Later folks.image
    OK EVERYBODY, HERE WE GO. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CONTACTING YOUR PARTNER-OK ?
    LET'S HAVE A GOOD SWAP. THE PAIRINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

BOOM SWAPS WITH MORGANHUNTER2 AND VICE VERSA

MOJOMAN SWAPS WITH TEDSSSUPPLY AND VICE VERSA

LOUIE SWAPS WITH SFDUKIE AND VICE VERSA

RTGJEG SWAPS WITH ASNOVELLI AND VICE VERSA

MILLERTIME SWAPS WITH JOHNK AND VICE VERSA

ARLEA SWAPS WITH JIMC AND VICE VERSA

OK, LET'S GET IT ON AND MAKE THE SWING INTO SPRING 2005 COIN SWAP A GREAT ONE AND ONE TO REMEMBER!!

REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR PACKAGES INSURED WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION OR SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION SO THAT THERE IS A WAY TO TRACK AND CONFIRM. $1.30 for insurance is very wise. OK, LET'S GO.

PM ME AS NECESSARY.imageimageimageimage
    PM for my partner, leaving him my address and phone number.image
    SFDukie, contact me so we can get this swap started. You should get your PM turned on. Go to your profile and get it turned on. Contact me at: mello.louis@gmail.com.
  • PM sent to ARLEA requesting information and wish list and awaiting a reply to complete this swap.image
    Jim Chandler
  • I are sorry for bein late folks- I took the missus on a short vacation to Phoenix- she had a great time while I spent 2 days in Baltimore looking at a future project9this sucked). Boom'r- I always insure packages- I trust you fully- but not the folks that handle the mail- they are thieves and I have had my fair share stolen in the past- no need for any CRAP.
    Any this ought to be fun.

Any morgans that are not fake out there?
  • Our swap Transaction is completed.
    mojoman is a very nice board member to deal with.

Many Thanks.!
    www.tradingslabs.com

Jeffs
    Hi, I am sorry that I have not responded. I have been without a computer. Please email me directly in regards to the swap. Andy
    Andy
    1- Asnovelli PM'd me and explained EVERYTHING. It's all good Andy, We're cool. image

2- Louie I got your PM and will view history to see if I can find some way of contacting your partner who reassured me he eas on the up and up. Things happen and when I find out I'll let you know something either way.

3- Jim C and Arlea, have you reached a happy medium?

I'll check back here later. Have some real world things to tend to. Later folks image
    Received my swap from the Black Dog...nice...Nicer stuff SENT back !!image
    My stuff went out to my trading partner on May 5th but I haven't heard anything from him at all since April 27th.

Millertime
    Johnk is good as Gold. I can vouch for that. Leave him a couple PMs and emails, he may be off somewhere. I AM however disappointed in SFDukie. From now on, no matter what, no newbies umless they can be vouched for by an elder member. The guy reassures me and now this? Not cool. NO MORE NEWBIES....EVER!

The following is what he had to say in our ONLY correspondence and now that I look back, it's MY fault!! Try to be nice to someone and believe in them and didn't notice that he was not set up fot PMs nor did he have a profile handy. I'm going back and will try to respond to this, his post.
    ***************************************************************************************************

SFDukie
    Date Posted: Apr/18/2005 6:19 PM
    Hi Boom,
    How does this work? (the swap)? Do we surprise each other with a set value in coinage? I realize you may have some folks who know each other and their wants/needs- and I do not. Not trying to butt in to a private thing- just curious.
    Don Taylor
    SFDukie
    Ps- i'm a gainfully employed semi-adult with a reputation I don't want to endanger
    *************************************************************************************************
    I'll check it out Louie and if all else fails I'll swap with you.
    Just left the following for SFDukie....do I need to do any more BABYSITTING??image
    ****************************************************************************************************

You REALLY need to have a visible profile and accept PMs. You asked to be a part of the swap and I

believed in you and allowed you in. Right now you have been paired with someone who is waiting to

hear from you. Go to the Swap Forum, click on profile and edit yours so people can at least see an

email address and a Name, Don and enable your ability to accept PMs.

Disappointed in you,

B00M

<< <i>My stuff went out to my trading partner on May 5th but I haven't heard anything from him at all since April 27th. >>

Everything is good here, hopefully by next Friday we'll both have received our packages.

Millertime
  • well drummer boy did me great- now I owe him sumthin that I forgot to get out with the original- dang it Boom Boom- you da man.

I read a few of the posts here- I think it's a shame that some one got skunked and is a newbie board member- think we need a moderator to step in and Bamm the little mouse that won't share his cheese. image
    Here IS THE DEAL... Crap like this is going to stop NOW....as in...TODAY!! Along with Minimums will also be MANDATORY MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS in order to participate in ANY and ALL SWAPS INITIATED / Hosted by ME!!

IF YOU ARE NEW AND NO ONE KNOWS YOU.......DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT ASKING ME TO PARTICIPATE! This IS the last time I believe in someone and take him at his word. It's a damn shame when someone cannot be trusted upon his /her word of honor over a paltry $50 minimum.

THESE SWAPS WILL GO ON AMONGST PEOPLE THAT CAN BE VOUCHED FOR BY ANOTHER MEMBER. This is why I ask that partners POST THE RESULTS of their swaps. I would much prefer to have 6 good people....six RESPOSIBLE people than a dozen whack offs that hit and run.

STARTING TODAY....RIGHT NOW, post the results of your swaps and DO NOT EVER send coins to someone until I approve them because as of today I will make DAMN SURE this never happens again....and here's how. Allparticipants will provide ME, as coordinator, with verifiable personal information. I will call and verify and use other means in order to make CERTAIN you are who and what you claim to be....BUT HERE IS THE KICKER. To insure that this NEVER happens again, I'll have to think this out but basically I am thinking along these lines. FOLLOW MY LOGIC. TO INSURE that people send coins to their partners, any and every one that enters will send ME a yet to be determined DEPOSIT (Example -$50 US POSTAL MONEY ORDER) If you do not send coins your partner gets the money. If everything goes as it should, upon COMPLETION of said swap, the deposites will be returned. I am thinking along those lines early this morning and I want everyone to think about this propsed concept real hard. It's a shame it has to be like this but a few bad apples will NOT put an end to what is suppposed to be the fun side of our Hobby for the rest of us that are established, credible swappers.

ANYONE THAT HAS HAD ANY PROBLEMS IN THIS SWAP, SUCH AS HAVING SENT COINS AND RECEIVED NOTHING, I WANT YOU TO POST THE NAME OF YOUR PARTNER HERE ALONG WITH THE DETAILS FOR ALL TO SEE. THIS IS BS WHEN A BUNCH OF "OUGHT TO BE CREDIBLE" PEOPLE HAVE TO BE BABYSAT.

I WANT SOME ANSWERS FROM:
    1- johnk ( Heard from John and his partner, Millertime- everything is just fine. Glad to hear it. I know John to be a good man.)
    2- SFDukie
    3- WHO ELSE? POST SOME NAMES.
    As stated on May 8th everything is good here and my partner and I should receive each other's packages this week.

Millertime
  • I am sorry there is those who mess up things . The swap between myself and mojoman was made back on april 29th i think. So even since i am new I will give mojoman 2 thumbs up.
    www.tradingslabs.com

Jeffs
    Hi, I have still not heard from RTGJEG. This is very upsetting as I have had this happen to me before. RTGJEG, you out there?? Still interested?? Andy
    Andy
    Andy, I just sent him a PM and email. In fact, I even emailed you.
    B00M
    I received my package from JohnK today and it felt like Xmas!! I was hoping for one coin for my Dansco Type album but I ended up with 2 and probably a 3rd for the album (Barber dime, Barber half and Morgan dollar) plus a brown box Ike. Looks like I'll be sending another package to him after I visit the coin shop again.

Millertime
    Thanks rtgjeg, for replying. His computer crashed Andy. He said he would or has emailed you, can't remember for sure but he did express his sincerest apologies. If anyone runs across SFDukie let him know I'm not pleased with this behavior at all.

He needs to be a man and step up to the plate.
    Boom, looks like my swapping partner dropped out of sight. If you still want to do a swap with me, fine. If not then I will just wait for the next one. Would appreciate a swap with you but will have to wait. Am going on vacation until the 24th of May. Will check my messages at that time. Thanks for all you have done and are doing with these swaps. Louie
    Thanks Louie, have a nice vacation. Right now a vacation sounds pretty good to me.image
    Well, it appears we had a decent swap all except for ONE PERSON THAT ASKED TO BE INCLUDED AND LET ME AND HIS PARTNER DOWN.

If ANYONE should run across SFDukie, tell him I want to talk to him. I'm going to start a new thread, a BLACKLIST. ANYBODY been JACKED, TELL ME and if you don't post Names, I WILL.. Look for and post Names to the Blacklist.
  • Thanks ,and you get 2 thumbs up also great swap thanksimageimageimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
    UPDATE- Re: SFDukie

SFDukie has had the decency to step forward and explain what has happened. I applaud him for doing so
    and for contacting his partner and not only explaining but making things right. He is more than welcome to
    partake in any and all future swaps that I oversee.....speaking of which, it's about that time. All in favor?image