Home Autographs Forum
Options

The Honeymooners VINTAGE PHOTOS/SIGNATURES 1954

Hi All,
here is another group from my collection. You really don't see these signatures in vintage form and in good condition with any regularity anymore. Carney and Meadows are very hard to find in vintage form - Gleason is usually forged. The most recurring forgeries are the cast signed "bus" photos and the Gleason/Newman signed "Hustler" photographs (I have never seen a real one on eBay ever). The three here - Gleason, Carney and Kelton represent the entire cast of the very first episode.

Best,
Billy

Jackie Gleason - vintage signed glossy b/w real photo postcard, blue fountain pen, c. 1954 (full vintage signature)

Audrey Meadows - vintage signed glossy b/w real photo postcard, blue fountain pen, signed and canceled 5/9/54 (full vintage signature with note on reverse, signed near filming of"Hair-Raising Tale"),
Art Carney - vintage signed glossy b/w photo, blue fountain pen, c. 1954

For you Honeymooners fans - the original Alice!:

Pert Kelton - vintage inscribed signed autograph album page with pasted photo, blue fountain pen, c. 1950, from the Joe and Joyce Forrest autograph collection

Comments

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Very strong !!! Watching the syndicated re-runs of The Honeymooners was part of my youth. Never missed it - was on Saturday night at 11:00, WPIX channel 11, New York. Part of why I enjoy your collection is not only the great autos, but the pics that resurrect memories.....very similar to why I collect autos of baseball greats from years ago on vintage pictures.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Hi there,

I think it was at 11:30 PM, remember? image Because 11 was The Odd Couple, and then The Honeymooners at 11:30 and then Star Trek at 12, right? I too have the same memories...and a cast set of vintage Trek sigs. You should see the photographs I have of the Honeymooners being made image

Billy
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hey DirtyHarry,
    Yes, they were are a big part of my childhood too. I recall my first R.A.L.P.H. convention! I have a good number of Honeymooners signatures if you are ever interested. I specialize in them - even have one item from the 70's signed by all 4 image and a good deal of vintage too.

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    Majikman - prior to the Saturday night lineup that you accurately detail, it was Honeymooners at 11 and wrestling at 11:30. Guess I'm a little older.

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hi again image

no, I vaguely recall that as a little boy (mt dad watched wrestling) - but I was much younger then. I was thinking of the mid 70's to mid 80's - that was the weekday lineup unless I am mistaken. I am 35 BTW you? Remember Uncle Floyd and Oogie? image or Chiller Theatre (or Thriller) with the 6 fingered hand?

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    Magicman - yes...Chiller Theatre with the gruesome hand. Boris Karloff's mug was on the intro. Got one of him? And, oh...I'm 50.