Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 desert shield packs?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5180651050&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1

Now, is there any possible way to tell if this is legit, or a bunch of crap? I know its modern, but even i'm a little interested in those gold foil stamped boogers.

GG

Comments

• Options
    Well, they were distributed in pack form, so I suppose this could be a legit auction. The seller seems to have had happy customers with the Desert Shield packs he's sold before, so unless the seller is making highly convincing counterfeits and resealing them into regular Topps packs, I'd say the pack is for real.
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I can vouge for this guy, I bought two packs from him before, and they were legit cards. I pulled a Nolan Ryan and other interesting semi-stars from just two packs. The cards were in great condition.
  • Options
    bhl2359bhl2359 Posts: 420

<< <i>I can vouge for this guy, I bought two packs from him before, and they were legit cards. I pulled a Nolan Ryan and other interesting semi-stars from just two packs. The cards were in great condition. >>

"Vouge"? Huh? Is that similar to "vouching" for someone?
  • Options
    Ahhh... so you knew what I meant but you're being a smart a$$... very nice.

Hooked on cronicks worked for me...
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hooked on cronicks worked for me... >>

hooked on chronic has always worked for me..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    mr. andrews, you kill me. anytime there's a post with even a hint of the chronic wafting through it, you're right there within minutes. i like that.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>mr. andrews, you kill me. anytime there's a post with even a hint of the chronic wafting through it, you're right there within minutes. i like that. >>

edit - i have the same reaction in real life, also..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

Well, they were distributed in pack form, so I suppose this could be a legit auction. The seller seems to have had happy customers with the Desert Shield packs he's sold before, so unless the seller is making highly convincing counterfeits and resealing them into regular Topps packs, I'd say the pack is for real.

Well, I am hoping this is legit. I just sent a pack off to get graded. I do know several ebayers who were happy with their packs.
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I would be intrested in a pack. Pretty cool item. Cant be that many sealed I see this possibly being worth alot in a few years! To bad I have to save evey penny for the magic kindom in 2 weeks image
    x
  • Options
    I have a buddy who carries three packs with him in his briefcase everyday. He got them when he served in the war. He won't take any amount of money for them, because they mean so much to him. Gotta respect that.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Is there any way to determine these are Desert Shield cards from the wrapper? If not, then how does GAI know they are Desert Shield packs (aside from the submitter's declaration)?
  • Options

Correct me if I am wrong.... The package on a DS pack when turned over is solid white and the reg pack is clear or part of the back is clear.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, they were distributed in pack form, so I suppose this could be a legit auction. The seller seems to have had happy customers with the Desert Shield packs he's sold before, so unless the seller is making highly convincing counterfeits and resealing them into regular Topps packs, I'd say the pack is for real.

Well, I am hoping this is legit. I just sent a pack off to get graded. I do know several ebayers who were happy with their packs. >>

Wondering if you got the pack back yet and if you could post a pic? I thought the packs looked exactly like the regular issue packs, if they can tell difference and grade the packs I might buy a pack or two and grade them just to keep.

I've always been interested in the Desert Shield cards and last winter I bought several collections (somewhere around 400 cards) with intention of making a set but decided not to. Probably sell them fairly soon, no superstars but do have a Mattingly and some stars and mostly commons and minor stars. Anyone know if these still sell for about $1 a piece for commons?