Home Sports Talk
Options

First Roid Bust! In baseball

kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
alex sanchez! skinny dude runner type!! makes my points correct dont only look at the home run hitters! the guys running fast jumping high(nba) are on them also!

FACE IT GUYS ALL ROIDS DONT MAKE YOU HUGE! THERE ARE 100'S OF DIFFERENT KINDS! SOME MAKE YOU BIG, SOME MAKE YOU RUN, SOME MAKE YOU JUMP! THERE A LONG WAY AWAY FROM MAKING THIS PERFECT!

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't be the last.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Claims he only drinks milkshakes and takes vitamin supplements and is disputing it. Sound familiar, or is the testing flawed? Will be interesting.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    IT SOUNDS FAMILIAR! THAT WHY MLB HAS TO ANNONIT WHAT HE IS POSISITIVE FOR? IF NOT HE CAN SUE!

CANT STRINGHIM UP TILL MORE COMES OUT ON IT!
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Put down the image and go to sleep.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    NBA guys are not juicing it. Juicing it doesn't make you shoot better....sure, might make you faster but not going to be long enough of a run to make it worth losing everything over.

• Options
    I think they should put an * next to his 4 career home runs.

Collect vintage basketball and baseball,graded rookies allsports, Robin Yount,Brewers,Bucks,Packers
    Putting together a set of 61 Fleer Basketball PSA 7 or better.
    Trade references: T,Raf12,Coach Vinny,Iceman,McDee2,Lantz,JSA
  • Options
    Im waiting for the first pitcher to be busted. It cant just be all position players.
  • Options

<< <i>Im waiting for the first pitcher to be busted. It cant just be all position players. >>

Likely big name pitchers juicing?

Roger Clemens, Eric Gagne, and Curt Schilling all come to mind. Pitchers, mid-to-late careers, who have experienced increases in their pitch speed and dominance.

But anyone who thinks it's just big-name players who are juicing, or that it's just limited to a few players here and there, are delusional. I honestly feel that steroid and HGH use are far more rampant than most people think.
  • Options
    I agree Axtell. Someone made a post a few weeks ago about how steroids didnt help Jeremy Giambi that much because his stats werent that great.

However, there is a chance he would have never been in the majors at all without the juice.

And with pitchers, I remember when the fuss was made when somebody posted pictures of Bonds growth from 1995 to 2005. Nobody made a fuss when the pictures of Clemens showed the same growth.

Not saying either did or didnt, but if one set of pics proves it for one, then it proves it for another.
  • Options
    Was listening to ESPN radio today and they brought up an excellent point.

Did anyone else find it odd the timing of the announcement, right before the game? Almost a 'look! our new program IS working!' type thing?
  • Options
    add 38 minor leaguers to the list. its on espn.com
  • Options

<< <i>Was listening to ESPN radio today and they brought up an excellent point.

Did anyone else find it odd the timing of the announcement, right before the game? Almost a 'look! our new program IS working!' type thing? >>

Exactly. It was an obvious, poor attempt to show they are "doing" something about this. Alex Sanchez? PFFFFFTTTT! What a joke. Why not just finger the bat boy? Start busting the big name guys and I'll start believing they're doing something about the 'roid issue.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Im waiting for the first pitcher to be busted. It cant just be all position players. >>

Likely big name pitchers juicing?

Roger Clemens, Eric Gagne, and Curt Schilling all come to mind. Pitchers, mid-to-late careers, who have experienced increases in their pitch speed and dominance.

But anyone who thinks it's just big-name players who are juicing, or that it's just limited to a few players here and there, are delusional. I honestly feel that steroid and HGH use are far more rampant than most people think. >>

Yeah, but if you view pics of Clemens throughout the years, all the weight seems to be going to all the WRONG places if you know what I mean. Clemens is no where near as good as he was 10 years ago. It's tough to pitch in Yankee stadium. His surprising performance last year was attributed to his move to the NL more than anything else. Even then, it was not a vintage Clemens performance as his fastball is no where near the 95-98mph that it used to. He has never really shown any sudden increases in performance in his later years like bonds or McGuire. In his dominate years with Toronto, he had actually dropped down in weight (FAT) from his fast few years in Boston. Of course, he had something to prove to BoSox GM Dan Douquette (remember the insulting "twilight of his career" comments?).

Regarding Schilling, it's doubful that he will ever be mentioned. After all, he and Frank White was recently made the posterboys for the steroid free crowd because of their vocal statements about how the sport should be cleaned up these pass few years. His late "coming out" was mainly because he pissed away his younger years and didn't get his act together until later on in his career. The fact that he doesn't exactly have the body type of a 'roid user doesn't attract as much attention either.

Also, I'm not entirely sure the use of steroids is entirely practical for pitchers. From the dozens of articles I've read on the matter, the increased strain on tendons and ligaments due to the adnormal muscle growth would induce chronic and long term injuries on pitchers much, much more so than any other position player. I really doubt Clemens, Johnson, or any of these other old timers could have gone on this long if they were juiced. With them, I suspect something along the lines of illegal painkillers than steroids.

Mind you, I'm not saying there aren't any pitchers who may be juicing, just that the likelihood is not as great. I'd watch for the younger guys with a history of seasons cut short.
  • Options
    this is how it will always go now in MLB...a bunch of nobody's will get pinched and the guys breaking all the records with links to illegal steroid operations probably won't even get tested.

Until they do a un-announced 100% Drug Testing throughout the year....the superstars will not be caught.

What a joke.