Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

storage boxes for psa graded cards?

Can anyone recommend what/where to buy storage supplies such as boxes to store psa graded cards? I guess I want to store some of my nicer psa graded items in something other than a shoe box. I know that psa sells some form of a box but they don't have any pictures of the item. I also looked at m.j.roop but would like some more options before I settle on buying anything. Thanks.
Current Sets:
1960 Armour Coins
Greg Maddux Basic
Greg Maddux Master
All Time 49ers

Comments

• You can buy what's Vault boxes or Super Vault boxes....just single-rowed cardboard boxes for vertically holding about 75-80 graded cards. The difference between the two is that the cards partially extend out of the Vault box; they do not extend out of the Super Vault box. The cheapest I've able to find them is on ebay, but maybe someone else knows a better place to get them. I've seen them for $3-$5 a piece on other sites. On ebay they typically sell in 25-pack bundles for $25-$30 plus shipping. Do a search on ebay for "vault storage boxes" and you'll see some along with stock photos of the boxes. Hope this helps.
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    GO HERE (MJROOP)
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I'd have to agree with Knuckles...MJ Roop boxes are top notch. Yes, they are pricy, but worth every single penny.
  • ok so it looks like m.j. roop is the way to go thus far. Which boxes have you all bought? i wasn't sure about them cause shipping is killer(over 10 bucks to CA!).
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On ebay they typically sell in 25-pack bundles for $25-$30 plus shipping. >>

I've bought them for $36.25 delivered for a 25 box bundle.

BCW

2buds

cardboard gold

jjsportscards
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • I just bought a pair of shoes and voila...instant PSA graded cards box.
    Then I went to K-Mart and found they sell some Rubbermaid type boxes for video tapes, meaning they are
    deep enough for PSA cards on end.
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • YOUR COLLECTION DESERVES THE BEST!

Without proper storage, the value of your collection can depreciate over time. We can help you organize, protect and preserve your investment. Our complete line of archival storage products is designed to help you maintain the value of your collection - whether you collect vintage or modern sportscards, graded cards or sets, we have a solution!

ONLY 12 DAYS REMAINING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR LIMITED TIME OFFER!

Through May 31st we are offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $100! (UPS Ground, valid in Continental U.S. only, Ultra Pro products not included.)

We are also offering HUGE DISCOUNTS on some of our best selling items!

Visit us at www.mjroop.com or call us at 1-877-620-7667 to take advantage of our free shipping offer. This special is only available for a limited time - don't wait!
    Kris
    Customer Care
    M.J. Roop Archivers
  • Has anyone come across any boxes that hold the larger format cards, such as the '76-77 Topps Basketball or '65 Topps Football? I haven't seen anything that will hold the tallboys!

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I own several MJ Roop Archiver's boxes (wood). They are expensive but absolutely top notch in quality.
  • fs- I still use the Tupperware type of boxes for my tallboys. You can use Roop boxes, but have to lay the cards sideways. I dont think my set of 60 would fit that way.
  • For large sets and multiple graded cards the wood Roop seems to be the best.

For sets of 50 or less. This works perfect for display:

Buy a $5 sportscard album, some 4 pocket plastic sleeves and graded card bags. Put card in bag, put in sleeve and you have a display folder for about $10. I did this with my 44 card 1967 Look Who Am I GAI graded set. Works like a charm, all fit in one album. My 1962 Bell Brand PSA graded set even fits better (fewer cards).

Kevin