Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Am I too nice????

I bought 2 sets of Buffalo nickels off a guy on E-bay. Paid for them and have the receipt. I bought them before they came out at the Mint off the guy because I was going to be away from the computer and wanted to make sure I got a couple sets.
Anyway--I got one set. I've sent him 4 e-mails trying to work through this and keep getting responses about how careful he is with shipping. Another E-bay member e-mailed me asking if I received my quarters yet. He is also having problems. Tonight I e-mailed him asking for a decision. I stated that if it was the fault of the USPS, let me know. I'll take it up with them. But after a month of hem-hawing I deserve a decision. I was very nice. This guy has a great E-bay reputation. I truly believe he just made mistake. Do I neg. him?

Comments

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    I wouldn't give him a Neg yet. Try giving him a call first. If that doesn't work then you got to do what you got to do. Lee
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    I would say DONT neg him. Give him a final warning and then tell him you will take it up with Paypal and eBay as a non-shipping seller.. Get a refund. But a negative should be reserved for a true problem. A neutral may be in his future, but not a negative.
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I am hearing more and more stories like this about Ebay sellers not answering direct questions and not following through on sales in a timely fashion. Ebay needs to get their act together so buyers can go through Ebay in order to give negative feedback to sellers truly deserving it. The way it is now if a buyer gives a negative the seller also gives a negative, and basically anyone looking at the feedback scores doesn't know which person is right. Ebay is collecting the fees and it should act as referee.

There are many sellers on this forum that are not identifiying themselves as dealers here so you may well get some slanted comments. The way Ebay feedback is managed today is surely favoring the sellers.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options

<< <i>There are many sellers on this forum that are not identifiying themselves as dealers here so you may well get some slanted comments. >>

Please explain your thesis sir
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There are many sellers on this forum that are not identifiying themselves as dealers here so you may well get some slanted comments. >>

Please explain your thesis sir >>

It does not take much reading to see that some forum members routinely side with dealers whenever there is a dealer/buyer conflict, understandably so. Some forum members give a link to show their auction lots or to show their web sites with coins for sale. I appreciate that and I do look to see what they have for sale. What I would like to see is all members identify themselves in their profile as either dealers, collectors, or dealer/collector.

Don't mean to ruffle feathers here, just stating my opinion.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Please explain your thesis sir >>

It does not take much reading to see that some forum members routinely side with dealers whenever there is a dealer/buyer conflict, understandably so. Some forum members give a link to show their auction lots or to show their web sites with coins for sale. I appreciate that and I do look to see what they have for sale. What I would like to see is all members identify themselves in their profile as either dealers, collectors, or dealer/collector.

Don't mean to ruffle feathers here, just stating my opinion.image >>

you are not ruffling any feathers and I hope it didn't seem that way.Also it just depends from conflict to conflict.Some times the majority goes with the buyer other times it is the seller
  • Options
    slabseller,

Your Columbian is a beaut! image
  • Options
    It is not mine just a pic I ripped off of teletrade
  • Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Thanks for the input . I know there are unscrupulous buyers and sellers on E-Bay. Both of our feedbacks are good. I just hate getting the run around for a $12.00 item. I'll wait and see what happens. A neg. may be too much. I think a neutral is in order if we can't work things out. If I have to I'll go through Paypal and E-Bay and get my money back.
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    You should call him and try to resolve, and then get in touch with the ebay gods.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    it's surprising how little it takes some people to become theives. all this over twelve bucks . he should refund your money & send you the coins just for your trouble.
  • Options
    Four emails and no USPS info? No tracking #? And another buyer experiencing the same thing? If you don't get a tracking number in the fifth response, then either a straight apology and refund or give the seller a negative.
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Try to contact him again, remind him of how long you have been trying to resolve this matter and caution him that you need to put this transaction to bed and that you will have no option but to contact eBay/PayPal to help you close this matter.
  • Options
    I am thinking that non-shipment is not fulfilling the order/contract. Final warning - then neg. Some guys stall so you have no recourse on ebay or paypal. Apparently this guy made a mistake, but he also needs to make good. c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file