Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Goodies from the Milwaukee show.

MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
Thanks to FooDude for letting me borrow a dealers badge.
The nice pre-1964 proof sets were non existant (Val Webb was there), but I did pick us some very nice blue box and SMS sets. One dealer had a guy drop of 40 1971 and 40 1972 sets. I didn't even have to ask, he know I wanted at them. Well 10 nice Kennedys and a few set with DCAM Lincolns and Jeffs went into the pile! The 65 was in a dealers book, the 1st pick is how it looked in the 2X2, for $4 I thought I would take a chance. That is what it looked like when I got it home. BTW, none of this stuff has been washed, you got pictures right out of the proof sets.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    That 1970-S Washington looks like it might be a cameo.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to FooDude for letting me borrow a dealers badge Boorrow, it was just for youimage BTW, thanks for the deluxe burger dinner and Coca cola, and for the box of pre-65 proof setsimage
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    image Sweet deal Marty image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Aghhhh....I'm blind. image Love the Washington. They don't come like that. image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ you crack me up!

Tbig
  • Options
    MadMarty, and others - Nice to hear that you liked the Milwaukee show (it's the South Shore Coin Club annual show.) I live in the Milw. area and always make this show. I met "foodude" at the show some time ago and think he's an upright guy.

I'm going to be there tomorrow afternoon from about 3:00-6:00. I'm not sure if any of you will be there at that time, or even if you are, I'm not sure how I would know you, but if we happen to run into each other, I'm sure it'll be fun!

Hope to get to meet some of you!

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file