DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Looks better than fine to me!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm... I'd say it's quite a bit better than Fine. image

Man, ol' Georgie sure did look bugeyed on those.

Gawd, what a monster.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    I was just going to hit the BIN but I have nothing left to morgageimage It is a very sweet piece!
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    It would look better melted and turned into a VYH crown. image

<< <i>Man, ol' Georgie sure did look bugeyed on those. >>

Thyroid problem?
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

I believe that George II died on the "Royal Crapper," I wonder if that has anything to do with the bugeyed look?
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Me want it.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options

<< <i>

I believe that George II died on the "Royal Crapper," I wonder if that has anything to do with the bugeyed look? >>

Yes. Died on the throne!

Not the first or last "King" to do that.

Another historical note that seems to fit this tread:-

George II spent much time away from England, back in Hanover, this was exceedingly unpopular with his subjects.
    Queen Caroline was left 'minding the shop', or guardian of the realm as they put it.
    In 1736 George spent eight months away in dalliance with Mme de Wallmoden (Lady Yarmouth).

Some ribald notices were posted on the gates of St. James's Palace. The one I like was:-

"Lost or strayed out of the house, a man left a wife and six children on the parish; whoever will give any tidings of him to the Churchwardens of St. James's Parish, so he may be got again, shall receive four shillings and sixpence. N.B. This reward will not be increased, nobody judging him to be worth a Crown."

Teg
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, there's one problem with being a Royal.

Almost a quarter of a millennium after you die on the crapper, there are still people chuckling about it. Geez! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.