Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Intresting PCI slab up for auction

Thought I would just mention this neat slab on EBAY LINKY

Comments

• Options
    If you ask me, it doesn't look like the same coin. Could be the photo but who knows.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The photo and the coin would look different when photographed together. It's the same coin, all right. Note the little mark by star #3.

Those old PCI photoslabs are cool, and usually pretty conservatively graded, in my experience. I used to have a number of Irish coins in them.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    sure does not look like the same coin
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I've got two morgans in those old holders- nice coins in big, old-school holders......image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    I'm no expert, but IMO, of you crack it out and submit to PCGS or NGC, my guess is it would up grade to a 63 (maybe a 64?) but w/o the "PL" designation.

JMHO
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Coins have been switched in a lot of these old PCI along with ANACS holders.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coin in the holder IS the same coin as the picture. It's just not easy to tell. Like I said earlier, note the mark by star #3.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's the same coin, all right. Note the little mark by star #3. >>

I agree. Plus there is a little S-SE scrape on Miss Liberty's cheek and three tiny scuff marks in front and below the ear that I can see on both coins.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    the columbian in your thead is way nicer image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file