Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Shipping to PSA - USPS rant

I took PSA's advice and shipped my first submission via the USPS using Priority Registered mail. I was told because of the priority designation it should take 2-3 days for delivery. Well . . . needless to say, it is now day 5 and nada. On top of that, the only thing the tracker says is that the package was accepted at the original post office 5 days ago. Argh!!! Does anyone else have similar experiences to match?

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Priority and registered are 2 different things. Priority is usually 2 to 3 days, but can take up to 2 weeks sometimes. Registered is a little slower but is more secure because everyone who handles the package must sign for it while it is in USPS possession, it is kept under lock and key most of the time.
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    The package was shipped both as priority and registered.

• sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The package was shipped both as priority and registered. >>

No it wasn't. You likely sent it Priority and certified, or you sent it registered. You used either the Red/White/Blue box or similar tape/stickers. Certified mail lets you track it's delivery, but provides no insurance.

If you sent it registered, all seams would need to have been covered with their brown tape. Insurance is then much cheaper due to the signing at every stop mentioned above.

Either way, relax. It should likely be there very soon. The PO tracking system often doesn't update until the package is delivered. If you are truly anxious head down to the local PO and raise hell.
  • The package was shipped both as priority and registered.

You cannot do both.
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    The package was shipped both as priority and registered.

You cannot do both

Yes you can. I ship this way 40 -50 times a year.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Yep, package should have been there by now. PSA is just slow to start processing.
  • You can ship priority and registered at the same time. Below is from the USPS web site:

Whenever you ship registered, it takes longer. I wouldn't worry about it. However, you can go to the post office and they can run an internal tracer on the package and find out exactly where it is.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • However, you can go to the post office and they can run an internal tracer on the package and find out exactly where it is.

--------------------------------------

And by the time the post tracks it... It will show up at PSA! I agree with Robert... Don't worry about it! It will show up. I ship registered mail everyday and it is really slow and I mean SLOW!!!

• PSA probably has it its just not entered into the system yet. PSA is allowed to "hold" packages in limbo for an indefinate period of time before entering it into the system. this allows them to essentially skirt any guaranteed turnaround time.

GG
  • kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i>PSA probably has it its just not entered into the system yet. PSA is allowed to "hold" packages in limbo for an indefinate period of time before entering it into the system. this allows them to essentially skirt any guaranteed turnaround time.

GG >>

I think that is the most likely scenario. PSA usually holds packages for days before they input into their system.

If its is urgent, you still can have the PO do a trace for you. In the future though, you should pay 45 cents for the online delivery confirmation so you don't have to run down to the PO.
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    Supposedly, I will see online an update from the USPS when the package is delivered. As of now, the USPS claims it is not delivered. Latest update was last Saturday.

• kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Oh I see that you did purchase the online tracker.

It will get there. Registered mail is secure, but it is really slow.