Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I just picked up an incredible PSA 7 NQ #1 William Harridge card for my 1956 Topps set

Hi Guys. I just picked up an incredible PSA 7 NQ #1 William Harridge card for my 1956 Topps set. I'd like to give a big shout out to Wayne from Shoebox Cards for this card. I recently hit the "buy it now" on his website to own this gem. The amazing thing to me is that one had just gone off on Ebay not long after I bought mine from him for a much higher price. I won't kiss and tell the price that I paid but I will tell you that he had no problem sending me a scan of the front and back along with answering some questions about the card. The nice thing was that he delivered the one that I bought from him in only one day and didn't try anything dishonest in the wake of the price that the other one went for. Wayne's prices aren't set at give away levels but every time that I have bought from him, the card exceeded my expectations (take a look at my PSA 7 Ford). In my opinion this #1 card is better than the other PSA 7 one that went off two days ago and worth every penny I paid for it. I'd love to show you the scans of the card if someone will tell me how. Neil

Comments

• Options
    Hi Guys, I figured out how to post the scans. I suppose that I should have removed the price from the back scan but now you can see how honest Wayne was to still send it to me. "I love this set" Neil
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    That's a beaut! It's funny how a card of an old man becomes so important just beacause he was card #1 and most copies were mangled by rubberbands.
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Wayne Varner usewd to be one of my favorite dealers. It is unfortunate that so much of his inventory is now GAI. Unless there is reasonable expectation that those GAI cards will crossover to PSA, I just will not purchase them.
  • Options
    ScoopScoop Posts: 168
    Neil, I too, used some of Wayne's cards to fill my 1956 PSA 8 set. His prices are very reasonable, considering most of his cards are on the high side of the grade. That card looks much better than many 8's I have seen, and with the dark background, centering is even more critical in this card, and I haven't seen too many better.

Love to see how your set is progressing....do you have scans in your registry?

Jim S
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9