Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Does this look proof to you?

I always worry about posting ebay auctions in case I offend another forum member. I like the look of this 10 francs piece but I don't think it is proof finish. What do you think?

10 francs

Dr J

Comments

• Options
    looks "proofish". image Hard to tell from the scan, but there is some cameo happenin' on the rev.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    It's hard to tell with a scan. In a scan, BU coins exhibit some of the same characteristics one would expect from a proof.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Yep, hard to tell anything from a scan, but those whitish spots could be PVC damage.... maybe? It has a weird color for silver. image
  • Options

<< <i>I always worry about posting ebay auctions in case I offend another forum member. I like the look of this 10 francs piece but I don't think it is proof finish. What do you think?

10 francs

Dr J >>

There are 915 000 no mention of proofs
    Name Hercule 1972
    I try to post a direct link ( may fail )

Hercule 10 FF
  • Options
    hey spinnaker

what coin is that for your icon, its very cool

wayne
    first became interested in cardboard at the age of three. since then i have collected varying examples of textures, corregation grades, glue types, etc. from all over the world. Finding this site and fellow collectors who are as equally devoted to the phenomenon has brought a whole new point, purpose and meaning to my exsitence.
  • Options
    i have one of those:

first became interested in cardboard at the age of three. since then i have collected varying examples of textures, corregation grades, glue types, etc. from all over the world. Finding this site and fellow collectors who are as equally devoted to the phenomenon has brought a whole new point, purpose and meaning to my exsitence.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I always worry about posting ebay auctions in case I offend another forum member. I like the look of this 10 francs piece but I don't think it is proof finish. What do you think?

10 francs

Dr J >>

There are 915 000 no mention of proofs
    Name Hercule 1972
    I try to post a direct link ( may fail )

Hercule 10 FF >>

Thanks for the link

Dr J
  • Options
    Hi Wayne, my icon coin is a 1902 Edward VII Coronation Medal. Not expensive either. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    spin

its very cool, is it brit col india?

maybe i have some ed vII's too, thats why it caught my eye, either way, nice and regal