Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Heritate SP Found!!

Does anyone have John Basilone's home phone number, he needs to change the checklists.AHHHH

Damon Pink Beard Variation SP

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    is that the hannibal SP variation?
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    ok fixed it
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i have that variation already..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I dont see it on John's list....now I have to move all my heritage card over one slot in my binder..ARRRG

JS
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

you worried me there for a moment...image
  • Options
    LOL is that Damon or did Kenny Rogers go crazy with the Kool-Aid image Oh Yeah imageimage
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options
    That beard looks a little.....um.......chewy? image
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    and with that, 2005 Heritage has officially JUMPED THE SHARK.
    Its dead, over.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

thanks for the input.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    How come every year that goes by, Johnny Damon looks more and more like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer from SNL?

Lee
  • Options
    carew...you gotta do something while you are waiting on the last 25 cards of you set to magically appear!

JS
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    How dare you.. wasteing gum like that. image
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone have John Basilone's home phone number, he needs to change the checklists.AHHHH

Damon Pink Beard Variation SP >>

You may not be too far off. The "Queer Eye" bunch got a hold of Damon and two other Sox a few weeks ago here in Ft. Myers.
    Don't know when the episode will air.
    When I saw Damon at a game last week he had highlights in his hair....no joke.

Keith
  • Options
    charliehustle14charliehustle14 Posts: 425 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You may not be too far off. The "Queer Eye" bunch got a hold of Damon and two other Sox a few weeks ago here in Ft. Myers. >>

Ugh...Say it ain't so Johnny. Say it ain't so...
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    The story from the local daily fish wrapper -

Celebrity eyes go for Sox guys
    Francesca Donlan
    Staff

MLB's world champs draw big-name fans
    BY FRANCESCA DONLAN

fdonlan@news-press.com

Fort Myers has never been considered a celebrity hot spot - until now.

The famous are flocking to Southwest Florida this year, and they all have one thing in common: The Boston Red Sox.

Last week, the cast and crew of Bravo's "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" swooped in to make over five of the Red Sox players. The teammates and the co-hosts of the popular reality show joked about manicures, laughed about fashion challenges and hammed it up for the media.

The "Queer Eye" visit garnered publicity from the major Boston papers. A writer from Sports Illustrated watched "Queer Eye" co-host Carson Kressley run his fingers through Johnny Damon's hair. Even USA Today picked up the story. Entertainment Weekly has a blurb about the styling Sox in this week's edition.

What's going on?

"The Red Sox are celebrities," said Steve Greenstein, director of the Sanibel & Captiva Island Chamber of Commerce. The cast of "Queer Eye" stayed on Captiva during their visit.

"They are the champions of the world right now. It's a special year for the Red Sox," he said.

It's so special that the hunky plumber on "Desperate Housewives," Jamie Denton, traded in Wisteria Lane to fulfill a personal dream and practice ball on Red Sox soil. Denton's close encounter with the BoSox will be featured on "Oprah."

Singer James Taylor attended a Red Sox practice, while best-selling author Stephen King watched a game from the press box. (King was interviewed on National Public Radio while in town.)

Hollywood royalty Drew Barrymore and actor Jimmy Fallon flew to Fort Myers recently to pose with Damon for the cover of Entertainment Weekly. Barrymore and Fallon were promoting their upcoming movie, "Fever Pitch," a romantic comedy about a man's obsession with the Red Sox.

All this Red Sox fanfare translates into good publicity for the area, Greenstein said.

"Any celebrity association with your destination is a good thing," he said.

Local fans agree.

Guy Sepielli, a 25-year-old Fort Myers Red Sox fan, spends two or three afternoons a week standing behind the players' parking lot, hoping to get the attention of the world champs.

While it's cool to have celebrities in town, he said, it doesn't overshadow the main event.

"The real show is the Sox," he said. "But the sideshow is almost as entertaining."

While he's bummed he missed seeing Barrymore, "the hottest chick in the world," he wants to put the record straight about King.

"He's always been a Red Sox fan," he said.

Dave Browning of Venice waited at Broadway and Hoople Street for a glimpse of greatness.

"The Red Sox Nation always existed," Browning said. "The Nation just got bigger and that includes Hollywood celebrities."

The attention doesn't end there. People can't stop writing about the Red Sox, either. Twenty books on the BoSox have been in the works since their World Series win in October. The last batch is expected on store shelves by baseball's opening day next month.

Across town in south Fort Myers, the Minnesota Twins aren't experiencing the same celebrity buzz.

Despite winning a world championship of their own and consistently playing to sold-out crowds, the Twins don't have the same star power as the Sox this year.

"We get in the Twins baseball legends, but not any celebrities," said spokeswoman Angie Christenson.

"It just shows what happens when you win the world championship," she said. "It's a big deal."

TUNE IN

The Boston Red Sox episode on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" is scheduled to run at 10 p.m. Tuesday, June 7, on Bravo.

"Oprah" featuring "Desperate Housewives" star Jamie Denton is scheduled to run during May sweeps. We'll keep you posted.

"Fever Pitch" is a romantic comedy starring Drew Barrymore as a girlfriend who must compete with her boyfriend's first true love: The Boston Red Sox. The film is directed by the Farrelly brothers and hits theaters Friday, April 8.