Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Anybody familiar with these?

I just picked up 35 different "Henry" cards, featuring the cartoon character Henry as drawn by Carl Anderson, whose name also appears in the lower right corner of each card. The copyright mark is in the lower left card, stating the year of issue as 1936 by King Syndicate, Inc. There are two different backs that I've seen and the cards measure 1 7/8" x 2 1/2". The card stock is thinner than Goudeys or Nat'l Chicles of the same era; they actually seem more like British card stock and have a slightly glossy feel to them, both front and back. They seem to have been issued with Herbert Tareyton cigarettes. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options

Mark, I've never seen the back of these cards but they come up from time to time.

Golf cards

Not a whole lot of information but it might be a start.

Good luck,
    Peter
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• Options

Mark, I've been told that 5 sets were produced 1935/6 by J.Wix & Sons. I will let you know more when I get the information.

Peter
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a few framed collections of vintage golf cards here where I work. (The Lodge At Sea Island Golf Club). I'll hafta bring in my camera and shoot pics of 'em sometime. I think there are a lot of Bobby Jones. He played here in the early days. The cards show different golf swings, as I recall. Maybe they were cigarette cards originally?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.