Home Stamps Forum

What is the best stamp auction?

I have about 100 stamps mint scotts 50-500+C1-10 various gum states which need to be auctioned. Typically $25-50 items, some $500 Where should I send them? There was a similar thread earlier that is no longer available. Thanks, Steve

Comments

• dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Your best bet might be an online auction site such as eBay, Yahoo, or the like. What are the better Sc#s you have between #50-500? The C1-10 are very common. Are you using cat values to determine value; if so, remember that they will probably bring a lot less, unless in superb condition and fault-free. Do your $500 stamps have certs? You might want to seach on ebay just to see what some of your stamps have been selling for.

This link list some auctions for this year with addr/ph#. auctions
    Other auctioneers are Lippert, Vance, Sandafayre, Reeves, Shreves, to name a few.

Doug
  • Nothing has certs, but some have OG or Hinged OG, and I don't think eBay buyers believe you when you say that anymore.
  • Besides, very hard to accurately price stamps with OG or various levels of centering when you only have a reference price for one that is a little different.

Steve
  • you might want to go to stamporama.com

they have ongoing auctions all the time for very reasonable prices. lots of activity there, discussions etc between collectors. also very active area for trades, etc asw well.

good luck wayne

ps, if you join, tell them i referrede you.

do you happen to collect, trade great britain or british commonwealth?

typing in the dark on laptaop in back garden with me smokes and a cup of coffee.

wayne
    first became interested in cardboard at the age of three. since then i have collected varying examples of textures, corregation grades, glue types, etc. from all over the world. Finding this site and fellow collectors who are as equally devoted to the phenomenon has brought a whole new point, purpose and meaning to my exsitence.
  • I get stamps occasionally but mostly I am a coin guy.

Steve
  • I also need to have a good auction place on net for my stamps.
    Best of luck forever

• << <i>Nothing has certs, but some have OG or Hinged OG, and I don't think eBay buyers believe you when you say that anymore. >>

does watermarking with harco remove gum?
    first became interested in cardboard at the age of three. since then i have collected varying examples of textures, corregation grades, glue types, etc. from all over the world. Finding this site and fellow collectors who are as equally devoted to the phenomenon has brought a whole new point, purpose and meaning to my exsitence.