Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

CSA grading

How does CSA grading stack up against PSA grading for vintage cards?

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• I have crossed about 3 from csa to psa and gai all came back 8's. But that is cracking and submitting.
    Scott

T206's are always being bought.

aloof1003@comcast.net
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    But what grade were they CSA? 8's?

• kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    I think they changed their holders but they once had these horrible big blue holders that only had the grade and did not identify the card.
    It sounds like they graded pretty much on a level with PSA though, no? Do they still exist?

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It sounds like they graded pretty much on a level with PSA though, no? Do they still exist? >>

smallstocks
    CSA is a "franchise" off-spring of ASA (Alan Hager) and started back in the 90s out of Ohio - when you do a search, their domain comes up for sale?
    My guess is that they are no longer grading. And my general recollection is that they are not on par with PSA/GAI/SGC for acceptablility of their overall grading and authentication.

mike
    Mike
  • just trust SGC/PSA/GAI for vintage grading. SCD also used to grade cards, but no longer do. They are a reputable grading company. Ignore the others.
    My question stems strictly from whether or not to buy CSA cards on the market.

Mike

• I forgot to add that the csa's started as two 9's and a 10. Still for what i picked them up for it worked out well.
    Scott

T206's are always being bought.

aloof1003@comcast.net
  • I just bought a 1961 Topps Sandy Koufax CSA 8, cracked it out and submitted it on Monday. Should hear back next week. I'm expecting a 7, but it could swing an 8.
  • from my own "limited" experience... I think that you are safe trying to cross a few csa's... I have only crossed one... it was a common csa 8 1972 basketball card... and I cracked it out and it became a psa 8...

I think that you are better off trying to cross a csa graded card than if you tried to cross a bvg, bgs or pro.