Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Miscut - graded vs Miscut - not graded

So what's the real story with some cards getting graded with the MC qualifier (Miscut)
and others not getting graded at all for the same word "miscut"?

(I'll post a picture when my scanners not full)
ebay:1967topps
1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff

Comments

• srs1asrs1a Posts: 398
    the MC qualifier signifies worse that 0/100 centering (part of the next card is present)

if a card is not graded because it is "miscut"....there was an issue with the factory cut of the card...most likely, the sheet slipped during the cutting process. I believe that there can be a number of symptoms -- a "bow" or "dish" along one side....or one side is slanted -vs- the rest. The net it that the card is not perfectly rectangular.

Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Sometimes they have these little stubs on them and they won't fit the holder.

Scott J.
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    It's really unfortunate that PSA uses the same word to mean two different things.

A Miscut Image is centering worse than 0/100 and will result in the MC qualifier.

A Miscut Card is when the actual cut of the card is not perfectly rectangular and will result in your card being returned as not graded - miscut.

• Here's the item in question:

Miscut the Ungradeable

Where's the miscut?
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
    At a quick glance, it looks like the card starts to get "bigger" towards the left hand corner. Try placing a straight edge against the bottom and see if it is straight or not.
  • I don't think you're charged for grading on the miscuts they won't grade.
  • srs1asrs1a Posts: 398
    It looks to me like it might be the R side.

If you look at the L border, it is the same width at the top and bottom of the card. The R seems to get thicker as you move from the top to the bottom of the card...meaning that the 2 sides aren't parallel.

I've gotten a few miscuts on '68's and they always seem to be like I'm trying to describe -- one side is a "slanter".

Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
    I can see it better now with my computer at home. I think I've found the problem.

The bottom edge bows out starting at the W in Killebrew and ending around the A-N in Mantle.