Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Grades back from ICG

Sent two nice pieces via 15 business-day.
Arrived at ICG Feb 11th and just received them today (March 28th) from an overnight shipment.
They must be way behind.

Lima Peru 100 Soles:

It was originally in a PCGS-63 holder.
Another dealer cracked it out, and I bought it from him raw including the old insert.
I thought it would at least 64 (not that it matters) but was shocked at the low grade. Grrrr....

Oh well - Krause list it as a Rare date. ICG even put the Mintage (126 pieces) on the holder.

The other is an 1889 Washington Medal (I know - not darkside!)
I bought this one unknowingly and there are only 5 KNOWN with the 'E Pluribus Unum' reverse.

ICG put that on the holder. Here' the info on the Rare Variety: Douglas 51b

AU-53? Grrrrr.... Well,,, I'm happy they holdered it.

Comments

• Options
    Both are beautiful coinsimage
  • Options
    I'm pleased to note, also, that ICG will holder holed coins. That's a tidbit to file away for future use.
    Life got you down? Listen to John Coltrane.
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Probably because it was holed during manufacture:

>>>All examples are holed and were issued with a red, white and blue suspension ribbon that was 4mm wide and five inches long.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful 100 Soles!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    If ICG is to make their way as one of the top companies, they have to undergrade to prove they never overgrade, don't they? That only ends when they can say they now have the "confidence" to upgrade. That means, of course, market share.
    See US coins, on my website
  • Options

<< <i>If ICG is to make their way as one of the top companies, they have to undergrade to prove they never overgrade, don't they? That only ends when they can say they now have the "confidence" to upgrade. That means, of course, market share. >>

Very cynical aren't you?
  • Options
    JZrarities you need to call James Taylor at ICG because they labeled your coin a 00 soles coin instead of 100 soles.