Home Q & A Forum

How close do you consider the grading between the main TPGs to be?

It seems that a couple of companies hire graders from each other, so one would think(hope!) the standards are pretty similar.
The reason I ask is that I have a coin that I purchased on eBay, in NGC 67, in hopes that I could cross it. But, when I received the coin, and referred to the PCGS grading book, I wonder how it got a 67 - I feel that I have PCGS MS66 coins that are higher grade. What would be the best way to submit for potential crossover - submit it alone in the NGC holder, as crossover, or submit it along with my "best" PCGS MS66 for a presidential review, so that the coins could be judged side by side? (or could the regular graders do that, also?)
Always appreciate your time! Chuck
Don't you know that it's worth
every treasure on Earth
to be young at heart?
And as rich as you are,
it's much better by far,
to be young at heart!

Comments

• homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Hi Chuck,

I'm not exactly unbiased, but I feel that PCGS has the most conservative standards...NGC is a little looser...ANACS is sometimes loose and sometimes tight...ICG is a little looser still...just my opinion. The other services are not real factors in the marketplace in my opinion.

Call our customer service and they can explain our crossover service to you.

Thanks,

David