Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Are multiple Lincoln registry sets being auctioned?

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
From the threads, it appears multiple major Lincoln registry sets are being auctioned in the near future. Is this some sort of sign of changes?
Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Tom Mershon's is being auctioned by Heritage, and the Los Altos set was in the registry as PW C #6, and is being auctioned by Bowers + Merena (at least the 34-58 portion). Other sets that have left the registry recently were WBP (sold by Heritage), Michael Takade (sold to Angel Dees I believe), Nigel Schultz (some sold on ebay), and Pat and Gene's Lincolns (sold on ebay) Dennis Dewart (Heritage) and Keth Dallman (Teletrade, I think this was only in the ngc reg). Yes that sure seems like a lot! All those sets have been around for a long time though, at least since I started collecting Lincolns 2-3 years ago. What's left in the registry are all more recently put together sets so you have to somewhat guess the selling will take a break. There definitely is a difference in availability. 2 years ago you couldn't find a pcgs red 18-d to save your life. I've seen at least 5 or 6 for sale this year.
  • Options

Not sure if it's a sign of anything, but it sure makes me pause a bit.

Jack
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Lincoln cents are common .........

Why would anyone want to spend Moon Money on a pretty Lincoln cent ?

Stewart
  • Options
    Stewart, imageMust be that someone out there with LOADS of cash just wants to have a Prestige or something to GLOAT over. I have to agree with you I just Like to look at Nice Red Lincolns the Grade is unimportant as long as it is in great shape and a good strike a Few Red and Brown and even a nice Brown is nice. It's all in the eye of the beholder who owns it. image
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl