Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1962 Topps "green tint" variations

Does PSA designate the green tint variation on the flips when they holder them?
Working on Baseball HOF Autograph Set Registry

Comments

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Rounding3rd....................I am not a expert on the Woody's , but I did check the 1962 Topp's Registry , and the Green Tints are not listed as being part of the Master Set ( Green Tints were found in Series Two only - #110 thru #196 ) ! I did notice that there is a new link on the subject of the 62's written by Jim Churillia , dated March 15, 2005 that is very informative about the set ! If I had to guess , I would say that Psa does not specify green tint variations on there slabs ! Your best bet for a more definte answer would be to e-mail Psa directly and ask them ! If anyone can post a picture of a green tint to show the difference , would really like to see it !............Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Churilia's article on 1962 Topps, including the green tint discussion, is in the current SMR magazine.
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    I just received a green tint variation back from PSA and there was no designation on the slab.
  • Options
    Here is card #194 of Dean Chance.
    The "green tint" variation is on the left and the "non-green tint variation" is on the right.

You'll also notice a slight difference in the photos. If you loo9k closely at the right edge of the photo, you'll notice there is a larger gap between the pole in the background and the edge of the photo, on the "greenie". Also, a larger portion of the letters in "ANGELS" (or is it "Los Angeles"?), on the front of his uniform, is also showing in the "greenie". I don't know if this is something that appears on all of the color variations from this set, but it would be interesting to see.

Football collector 1948-1995, Rams oddball cards & memorabilia, Diamond match.
    Cataloging all those pesky, unlisted 1963 Topps football color variations Updated 2/13/05
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    BowDown .......................Great card photos showing the difference between the green tint and regular card ! Very interesting observations on the lightpole and uniform ! These two cards are so totally different , that Psa should label these as green tint variations on the flips IMO ! Thanks for sharing the pics !.............Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭
    I have personally requested PSA add the green tint variations to the master set as well as a yellow box and white box variation for the #516 checklist. The reply I received was that too many of these cards have now been graded to recognize these variations.
  • Options
    ...and of course, they couldn't be bothered to get it right from the git go, could they? I guess that would effectively dash any hopes of getting the '63 football color variations listed in a "master set" as welkl, as many of them have already been slabbed as well.

Robby - Thanks, I actually never noticed the slight photo differences for the longest time. I'm still curious to see if any of the other tint variations also have photo deviations as well.
    Football collector 1948-1995, Rams oddball cards & memorabilia, Diamond match.
    Cataloging all those pesky, unlisted 1963 Topps football color variations Updated 2/13/05