Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Anybody got a 1949-P Jefferson PCGS 64 or 65 for sale???

Need one for a friend . . PM if you have one for sale.

Thanks! image

Comments

• Options
    7summits7summits Posts: 316 ✭✭
    Saturday's image
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    If someone has an ms66 for me to buy, I then can sell you my ms65. I need any P ms66 51-55 too and 58,60d,61d,62d.
  • Options
    Still looking - image
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this one work for you? Lustre is bright and flashy and deep (even better than my MS66), but coin was struck from a rough planchet and there are many small. irregular surface pits on the cheek/jaw/shoulder highpoints.

I'm still trying to figure out what a 65 is worth, which is turning out to be harder than I expected.

When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    mademanmademan Posts: 431 ✭✭
    Hi Guys, I paid 27.00 recently for mine but I must tell you I felt like I got a deal plus I bought $150.00 worth of other coins in the group. Also it took me months to find one. I asked around for months for quite few P mint mark MS 65 Jeffersons from the late 40-to mid 50's and they are not around in quanities you may think. It is easier to find MS full steps of these dates sometimes than non full steps. Sorry for rambling... If I had not just bought one I would be all over that coin---thanks guys Don/MM
  • Options
    Howdy.

I could sell you a raw one for $20. Have a dozen to choose from.
    But it doesn't make much sense to pay PCGS $25 to grade one,
    and then sell it to you for $25.
    Plus, the time lag for grading.

Regards, Steve.
  • Options
    Steve, thanks for the offer of a raw coin, but I need a PCGS graded one for the deal.

Anybody else??image
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Howdy.

I could sell you a raw one for $20. Have a dozen to choose from.
    But it doesn't make much sense to pay PCGS $25 to grade one,
    and then sell it to you for $25.
    Plus, the time lag for grading.

Regards, Steve. >>

I'll take you up on your offer as long as it's an EDS near full stepper! image

While were on the subject, recently, I was able to locate the following 1949 from my local annual coin show. for $42. ....................Well, forget it, I'm not down sizing the picture a 3rd time so it uploads here. Take my word for it, it's a nice brilliant MS64 with very nice steps with one small tag.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve:

PCGS hasn't offered a $25 grading fee for a couple of years now. The Economy fee is $18 per coin and the other steps are $30, $50, and $100.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I cracked mine out of the holder, so you can buy his raw one, and you can have my cert #, and then it's basically the same as having one!
  • Options
    Thanks all - I've purchased one. And special thanks to Dennis H. I look forward to receiving the coin. image