Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

another round of mastrobation

where do these guys find all this stuff?

A t-206 wagner, 2 different 33 gouedy lajoie, babe ruths all around, mantles galore.

52 topps packs, uniforms, complete sets of everything!

ahhh its overwhelming!

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
Groucho Marx

Comments

• Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    Thanks a lot.

I just had to replace my keyboard. It filled with drool from looking at their stuff.
    It is pretty amazing, isn't it.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭

and their americana stuff its just as insane, elvgreen originals, washington letters, even the flag used in WW2 that was raised after the fall of the nazis.

i wonder what stuff came from the Branca collection?
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    The Branca cards get its own category. Also the finest 1948 Leaf might be his as well.
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭

Props to John Branca, Mastronet and PSA for bringing us such a fabulous collection!

I'm going to be bidding on some cards just to say years down the road, I participated in the famous John Branca collection auction. This auction is going to be one for the ages! image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    OK - I've spotted several things that I would love to have. Blast it! And I just paid down the credit cards....
  • Options
    That banks is beautiful.
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    am I reading it right? they want $75 for individuals just to register?
  • Options

<< <i>am I reading it right? they want $75 for individuals just to register? >>

You are reading it correctly.

I believe the registration fee is basically used to weed out potential deadbeats. Think about it. Those who balk at paying the registration fee most likely either can't afford to bid at Mastro or just aren't serious about following through with their bids.

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    It is true you have to pay 75 bucks, but its a one time fee.

Their catalogs are wonderful, those alone could be worth the fee
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta wonder how accurate the descriptions for the lots are when you get fact-checking doozies like this in the auction for the 1997/98 Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup ring:

<< <i>Inspired by the tragedy that hit their clubhouse, just days after their 1997 Stanley Cup victory, the Detroit Red Wings dominated the 1997/98 NHL season, accumulating an incredible 131 points and one of the most impressive records in NHL history of 62-13-7. >>

As any halfway-aware Red Wings fan can tell you, they did not win the Cup the year they got 131 points. They won the Cup in 96/97 & 97/98. The 131-pt year was 1995/96.

Ugh.

Damn, I want that ring though.

Tabe
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Is this Brett RC really a GEM MT 10??

Look at the bottom's discolorations and it's just a tad o/c.

Don't know what I will buy, but believe me, I will buy something image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭

<< <i>Is this Brett RC really a GEM MT 10??

Look at the bottom's discolorations and it's just a tad o/c.

Don't know what I will buy, but believe me, I will buy something image >>

That's one of the nicest Brett RCs I've ever seen. Certainly looks like a GEM MT 10.

The graders at PSA gave it close scrutiny and had the advantage of seeing the card up close. Seeing it on a scan just doesn't do the Brett RC justice. If anything, I'd wager that the chipping on the bottom of the card are actually from the scanner. image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    and some scanners sometimes screw up the center when the scan is transfered to file, so that's the reason you may see a centering difference - its an illusion from the scan.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If anything, I'd wager that the chipping on the bottom of the card are actually from the scanner. image >>

They must be using different scanners image

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    Lot Description
    then why doesnt he just shut up?!?

Graded GOOD 2 by PSA, one of just 10 examples in existence at its tier with more than one-third of the piece's total population grading lesser. This is one of the very few collectibles on earth for which no explanatory description is required and for which verbal inducement intended to pique interest is utterly redundant. The mere sight of a T206 Wagner is sufficient to provoke an unbelievably pleasant sensation, unique to each individual, within the emotional core of a baseball enthusiast. Wagner's legend is well-traveled—particularly as it relates to this small but majestic printed piece with the distinctive orange background—but the specifics of each T206 Wagner's singular journey remain bountifully intriguing. We recognize the likeness of the Dutchman at once, but related questions immediately ensue. "Where has this card been? What has it seen?" Those wonderings are compelling in each Wagner card's own instance. They only add even more fuel to the magnetic wish to possess it, and, in so doing, to contribute to the card's personal time-line's path. Rather than being disrupted overmuch by a grading assessment that might, at first blush, be perceived as negative, this specimen's mystique is sparkling and intact. Creases trace a faint latticework about the cardfront's central subject, but the observer sees at once that Wagner's gaze has remained solid and direct—as if mere fingers would dare to touch those eyes! Viewed casually, the piece works its magic with time-tested effectiveness and power, and, studied closely, its evidence of handling forms gripping testimony with respect to the relic's immutability and endurance. The reverse's advertisement marks the card's long-ago embarkation into the world as a Sweet Caporal Cigarettes promotional giveaway, but its subsequent peregrinations have carried the keepsake through dimensions about which we can only speculate. Here is the item that has inspired the industry from its earliest days, and the artifact which continues to be the ultimate goal for every enthusiast. Honus Wagner's presence elevates any collection like no other force on the planet, but so lamentably few of the industry's finest assemblies have the opportunity to attain the resultant, ultra-elite status thus afforded. This special card, with its signs of natural circulation displayed proudly and its superb eye appeal left undiminished, represents the cherished essence of the innumerable, rewarding lifetimes spent in pursuit of collecting fulfillment.

Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<Creases trace a faint latticework about the cardfront's central subject>>

Such Word Smithing.
  • Options
    How about the 1967 topps baseball set, completely PSA 8?

Oops...someone forgot to submit that one, PM me for details
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    Where do they find packs like this?

Even in low grades, this is very rare. Gem Mint!?! Simply stunning.

• Options
    I would really like it if the Mastro writers would write my obituary. I would sound so great image.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    What I want to know is Dabighurt sarcastic or for real? I need to sleep tonight!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658