Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How long does it take PCGS to release a certificate number?

I have a nice new 1943-D MS66 Jefferson Nickel I would like to add to my set but it is already in a set. I emailed PCGS asking them to release the number and was curious to know if anyone has experience on how long it takes.. Also, are there any other things I should be prepared for or need to know?

Comments

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had quick response the few times I have needed it done. (did you send the mail to setregistry@collectors.com)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    Yes I sent the email to that address.
  • Options
    RRRR Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Hi p8nt:

This has happened to me several times. I write Cosetta Robbins. She's good about confirming receipt of the request on the same day. She'll contact the previous owner and says to allow 3 business days.

Her email is:

CRobbins@collectors.com

Rick

<html />
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten almost immediate responses when I sent email with that request.
    Course, I sign my emails:

Thank you for your attention to this detail,
    David Hall

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Hi p8nt,

This happened to me twice. I e-mailed set registry and my coins entered successfully 2 days later.
    Hope you get results because I know I just couldn't stand it that I couldn't register a coin I owned.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    And I really wish my fellow collectors would delete coins from their collections in a timely manner. Then
    p8nt and others wouldn't even have to e-mail set registry. Just a thought from a newbie. image

RegistryNut
  • Options
    mademanmademan Posts: 431 ✭✭
    this has happened to me often- what happens after you email PCGS is that they email the collector- If the collector does not respond then you can send a picture (front and back) to them and they will release it. Time frame is 1-3 days and that depends on the previous owner responding. If after 3 days the coin will still not go in email again and offer to send a picture via email. the folks at PCGS have been very nice to me about this. good luck MM
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Cosetta Robbins is the one you need to reach at PCGS!!!! She has helped me release coins on numerous occasions.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the thread. I am having this very problem with a 1965 SMS MS66Cam Jefferson. I have asked the owner serveral times myself to release the coin. Now I have other options. Thanks again p8nt for asking the question.
  • Options

<< <i>Cosetta Robbins is the one you need to reach at PCGS!!!! She has helped me release coins on numerous occasions. >>

Yes, Cosetta is the best, has helped me on more then a few image
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins