Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Clad Roosie collectors...What is your "Favorite Roosie" and Y?

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have actually 2 favorite Roosies.

1) I have a wonderful 1998-P MS68FB POP (5/0) that was a VERY generous gift by my friend Onlyroosies! Thankyou!!!!!!

2) My "Homemade" 1967 MS66FB. Making this one when its very difficult to obtain a FB designation, due to alot of these receiving the dreaded S.M.S. curse.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    I would have to say my 1982- no P. That coin to me was the turning point in my Roosey collection. I purchased that coin before they offered Roosevelt dimes in full bands when collecting Roosies was more of a passion then a feeding frenzy. At the time that was one of maybe three or four expensive Roosies and knew if I purchased that coin I would start taking the series more serious. My favorite roosies is not one with a full band just a nice coin!!! Fred
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all favorites on some level. The '79-P can be found extremely nice in mint sets with some regularity.
    These also come PL and are scarce enough to be interesting. One of my favorite Roosies is an unusually
    nice specimen of this date. Like MisterCoinMan the '82-NMM is also a favorite. My example has a lot of mem-
    ories attached to it since I drove to Sandusky to get it. I've got a real nice '82-P from a souvenir set.

I like them all in choice gem and better. While gems are easy enough for the main part the really high grade
    coins are very attractive and some are elusive enough that you'll remember where they came from.
    Tempus fugit.
  • haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I haven't got any of my Roosie's graded yet, but I'm sure my 1971 is an ms67. That's probably my favorite. I don't think I have a single fb in my set. Guess what, I'm getting about 10 original rolls of 1969-p in the mail soon! I hope to find an ms67 or fb coin, or ms67fb! Then that will be my favorite!
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!

The '69-P isn't the scarcest in original rolls for dimes (it is for quarters) but it is
    extremely tough and probably in the top five. I'll be interested in what they look
    like.
    Tempus fugit.
  • NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭
    I would have to say the 1955-D MS67FB...Now if only I could find one. image
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haletj,
    I agree with Cladking...WOW...10 rolls of 1969-P's, that in itself is kewl! GOOD LUCK!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
    Hey NumisMe We are talking Clads, but do agree that is one tough coin. I know Nick has one stashed away somewhere. Try him. Fredimage
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Easy ... my 1966 SMS MS-68 CAM (now 19/0, 12/0 when I made it, only one in all grades in DCAM) ... purchased for $4 ... would have gone DCAM but for the die polishing on central reverse that hurt the "mirrors." I also picked a No-P out of circulation in 1982 that slabbed AU-58 ... neat find and story.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Easy ... my 1966 SMS MS-68 CAM ... purchased for $4 ... would have gone DCAM but for the die polishing on central reverse that hurt the "mirrors." >>

I have a 1966 S.M.S. PCGS MS69 (3/0) that is just off the charts. Those S.M.S. Roosies are just awesome in high grades!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    My favorite is the SILVER ones......I don't use those for toll booth fare like I do the clad ones image
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • imageimage
    Keith
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Paul I have a 1969-D Roosie that was given to me by a young Roosie collector a while back, that may or may not be natural toned. Not having much experience with toned coins I can't tell one way or the other. This kid needed four coins to finish his raw clads, I had three of them, which I sent to him. A few weeks later he sent this coin saying it was in thanks for helping him. I don't think it will grade more than 66, so I had not planned on submitting it. Might be worth it just to see if its natural or not. I took a few pictures, but remember I am no pro at that. And would like some honest opinions about the coin.

Dan
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Toning doesn't look right, to me.....especially Obv.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • I vote NT. I've seen clads tone that way.image

My favorite clad Roosie might be the 1969-D/D. It' a really cool variety, the two mintmarks being so widely separated.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
    Looks like gas oven toning to me.
  • Hey there to all you Roosie Fans, maybe y'all can answer a ? I have.
    I have a 1980 P thats really pretty, but the date is kinda wierd, it's like the 8 in 19S0 is like I just typed it is that normal, sorta like an S hook 8, is this a die variety and is it common?

Eastside
    Promote The Hobby and Make it a Positive Experience for all, Remember That this Hobby Can Be Fun & Profitable & Profit is Always FUN
    Post a Pic Let us have a look. Fred
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    10-4 on pics, I would love to see that also.
    Dan