Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Post cereal cards from the 1960's

Anybody have any experience with getting these graded?
I know they grade them as "hand-cut", and I have read their guidelines on hand-cut grading, but I'm not 100% crystal clear on it.

PSA states:

"In order for PSA to actually assign a grade to any of the cards that possess visible/defined borders on all four sides, evidence of that border must be present. If the cut exceeds the visible border for the card in question, PSA will encapsulate the card as "Authentic" only."

Does this mean that the black line must be present, not only on all 4 sides, but 100% all the way around? Or can there be 3 sides with a full black line and the 4th side be, say, 80% visible, with a slight cut into it? Also, do they grade corners like regular cards?
Football collector 1948-1995, Rams oddball cards & memorabilia, Diamond match.
Cataloging all those pesky, unlisted 1963 Topps football color variations Updated 2/13/05

Comments

• Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Does this mean that the black line must be present, not only on all 4 sides, but 100% all the way around? Or can there be 3 sides with a full black line and the 4th side be, say, 80% visible, with a slight cut into it? Also, do they grade corners like regular cards?

I've sent several in recently. They are very tough. The black line must be intact on all 4 sides. And all regular grading criteria apply.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    Well, I guess that may be why there is a total of only 2 sets listed in the registry, both 1961 Baseball. No football. That's too bad because even ones that do not have a full black border, look nice when cut well.
    Football collector 1948-1995, Rams oddball cards & memorabilia, Diamond match.
    Cataloging all those pesky, unlisted 1963 Topps football color variations Updated 2/13/05