Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Double or Triple submissions?

Has anyone submitted two or three of the same card on one submission to bring attention to a lower seven and try to push the nicer seven to an eight? I have a few raw duplicate OPC cards that I am about to send in, and both may be a seven, but one is not as white on the borders as the others. Has anyone done this?

CoachTom
Always interested in Hank Aaron items-currently buying Aaron OPC singles or lots-graded or raw.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    doesn't usually work like that. You are equally likely to end up with a 6 and a 7. When I've tried that before - I have not had much success...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Coach,
    I agree with Mike S. I submit up to 10 of the same card and I dont think its ever done me any good. In fact I usually wind up with a bunch of 8's that should be 9's. I think I have the best looking 8's around.
  • Options

Coach,
    I totally agree with Mikeschmidt and Gaspipe26. In my experiences, you don't increase your chances by sending in a low or mid 7 along with a highend 7 in hopes of getting the better one bumped up to an 8.

Gaspipe26, don't feel too bad. I have some of the nicest PSA 8s around too, not that I submitted multiple cards in hopes of a couple of 9s coming back as PSA 10s. I merely wanted extra PSA 9s for trade or sell and ended up with extra PSA 8s instead. Live and learn.
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• Options
    Your better off just cracking the PSA case and resending it raw to them again and again. Out of 3 cards i've sent in doing this I've gone from a PSA 3 to a 4, a 5 to a 5, and a 2 to a 5 (!!!!!!!!!!) Yes, thats no BS. Same card, same PSA.

GG
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I have a similar one. A card came back EX-MT 6. I said to myself the card must have a paper wrinkle in it. I scoured over that card for 30 min and found nothing wrong with it. I cracked it out and resubmitted it. It came back an 8. Go figure.
  • Options
    I have thought about one of my 7s to get an 8, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. the 7s are scarce and the 8s are essentially unobtainable, but man it looks strong...

GG