Home Q & A Forum

Grading of Speared Bison error coin

David -

I read the thread earlier by LittleJohn, so thought I would post some info on this error coin now being found in Texas.

I found some of these (about 60 so far) on March 10. You can search the forums for 'Speared Bison', to view more info about the discovery. You can also view my personal UNdoctored photos at either of these online websites.

VarietyNickels.com

CoinResource.com

Some error/coin experts say it is a light die gouge. Other have compared it to the 'Wounded Eagle' type of thing on the Sacagawea.

Not being a regular error collector - and without mentioning any names - I am depending solely upon the opinions of the experts from various numismatic publications and experts. Several sample coins have been mailed out to those people for their opinions, and so they could photo the coin for publication purposes, should they choose to do so.

LittleJohn and a couple of his friends also found some the following week - and it just so happens we are 'neighbors' of sort.

Just thought I would give you a few details. I have more info if you would like to contact me.

Pam

Comments

• homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Hi Pam,

I just posted a thread on the open forum to see what everyone thinks about this new variety.

Thanks,

David