Home Autographs Forum
Options

Otto Graham Letter

I figured, I'd try and help the board out and keep the autograph volume going. I got this a couple of weeks back. I'm waiting on a couple more items before i send it in to be authenticated. It seems legit, but i'd rather someone burst my bubble before i pay for the heartbreak.

P.S. where are the directions to get the picture to appear in the message w/out having to open the attachment?
Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
lsuconnman@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    Hi,
    the one thing thing I don't do is Sports - so much is forged. However, I was able to find several exemplars of this signature online, including an ALS of similar vintage. Your item is most likely authentic from the photos you posted - scans would be much better. The letter was helpful as it provides more to examine than just a signature.

From what I saw online - a signed Otto Graham photo (SP) is worth about $40 (perhaps a bit more if vintage) and an autographed letter signed (ALS) sold for $130 or so at auction last year.

What did you pay?

Best,
    Magikbilly
  • Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    Magicbilly,

I paid 120 for the letter and the photo. the particular seller had a large lot of from a particular person "art ceder." he appeared to be a fringe professional football player. all of the items pretty much dealt with his correspondences w/ hall of famers lamenting an inability to get a team to sign him. most of the letters pretty much said "keep your head up, and persevere." i figured graham's signature wasn't very scarce and not very profitable to forge. also the fact the letter seems vintage and written on graham's personal stationary, gave a nice snapshot into his particular thoughts. the one thing that concerned me, was the signed photos seemed out of place. this guy was righting letters to everyone to get a shot on a team, and all the players seemed to send him signed letters as a consolation...a little patronizing, and unlikely what he was looking for.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    Hi,
    thanks for being the first to participate in the Autograph Forum Revival image I also had fun looking for exemplars of Otto Graham - so thanks again image

Best,
    Magikbilly