Home Autographs Forum
Options

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Hi All,
here is a very scarce set of signatures. Nicholson is common enough, but this original press still was signed in 1975 and his signature is very scarce in vintage form. The index card was signed by the actual subject of the book - "Big Chief" played by Will Sampson. This is about as modern as my collection gets. The vast majority are from 1930-1970.

Best and hope you enjoy,
Billy

Jack Nicholson (1937 - ) - vintage glossy b/w SP original studio publicity still, green felt-tip marker, c. 1975/76 (full vintage signature)

Will Sampson (? - 1987) - unlined blue index card with salutation, one of his last - signed in the hospital days before his death in 1987

Comments

• Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    Mr. Keslo,

thanks! Do you collect as well? Either way - thanks image I will post some more.

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Very neat. Here's Will Sampson with Jack. He was born 1933....and
    appeared in 21 movies including Orca, Poltergeist II, Firewalker, The White Buffalo and The Outlaw Josey Wales (one of my Clint favorites).

"A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Hi DirtyHarry,

I really liked Orca and White Buffalo too!

Sounds like you been watching my TV image

Billy
  • Options
    Hey Harry,
    did you know howaccomplished Sampson was? He was into MANY things - and has a painting hanging in Washington! I was never able to find out for sure what year he was born. Thanks!

Best,
    Billy

PS - very happy you are enjoying them image
  • Options
    Magikman - I was lukewarm on Orca, but am a Bronson fan and have watched The Buffalo more times than I can remember. The cast was pretty much just Bronson, Sampson and the fake looking robotic mega buffalo.

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hi again,

Also in "Buffalko" - John Huston!! I loved him in Treasure of the Sierra Madre!

Billy
  • Options
    Didn't know he was an accomplished artist. Born 9/27/33 in Okmigee, OK...a member of The Creek Tribe. Died appox a year after filming Poltergeist II from complications from heart surgery. He is one of a number of actors who died while/after performing in the PG movies --- part of "The Poltergeist Curse." Regards.