Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How About A Cherrypicker Registry Set - One For Each Series Within Each Denomination?

I venture to say it would be more popular than the Euro registry set image & IMHO it's time has certainly come PLUS (& HRH are you listening?) it would generate additional mint error submission fees for our gracious hosts.

But that's another subject (i.e. let's do away with "mint error" service for mere Cherrypicker varieties):

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, can't PCGS simply report the pops of ALL coins graded AT LEAST to the extent that NGC does (all varieties but no real errors like off-center, clips, etc) IF NOT to the extent that ANACS does (absolutely everything graded reported in the pops).

And WHY must varieties be submitted under mint error service? The old 45 days frequently took 75. The new $40 fee for a 30 day estimate takes about 60. Heck, I'd be happy somtimes to spend the $50 to get it in 7 - ANACS only charges $15 for 5 Day service!

And while I'm on the subject, why can't PCGS grade NON-cherrypicker vatrieties - THE SAME WAY ANACS DOES?????

Am I the only one that is of this opinion? image

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    How about in the Price Guide, just as in "TRENDS" or Current Values....whatever.....PCGS be a Pacesetter and first off, INCLUDE the 1934 Heavy Motto Washington...( now follow me here) which appear to be MUCH RARER than the 34 Light Motto that itself has an approximate total mintage that rivals the 32-D and or S specimens?

At the present time according to pop and what I've managed to dig up, with the rarity of the 32 D&S a given and the 34-P Light Motto being roughly the same, the 34 HEAVY MOTTO looking like 1 to 10 or conversely, the Light Motto being 10 to 1 in relation to the HM, then it just may well be the rarest of the quintuplet and deserves a spot on the list and a price that correlates to these numbers.

I say Quintuplet because the 34-D HM has not been given it's just reward either. Let's kick some numbers around...............
    32-D total approximate mintage of 436,000 (PCGS POP- 2238)
    32-S total approximate mintage of 408,000 (PCGS POP- 2722)
    34-P Light Motto approximate 400,000 to 500,000 (PCGS POP-300)
    34--P Heavy Motto ??? Present PCGS population of (PCGS POP 23)....TWENTY THREE!!
    34-D Reg Issue amongst which are some LM & HM unattributed- (PCGS POP 1154)
    34-D Known attributed Heavy Mottos, a mere FORTY NINE (49)....I think it fair to say the numbers speak for themselves. The 34 Heavy Mottos, P or D are pretty dog gone rare and should be give a place on the price guide and a price justly deserved.

If a PCGS 65 1932-D is a $20,000 to $30,000 coin then what should the price of a 34-D HM PCGS 65 be? The light mottos and now the HEAVY MOOTOS have yet to find their rightful niches amongst rare Washingtons. Just look at the Moon Money a 50 D/S and a S/D bring for a simple Mint Mark boo boo These coins are diamonds in the rough, some true cherries to be picked and it amazes me that dealers who claimto have been a part of collecting/ Numismatic for decades cannot differentiate a Regular Motto from a HM.image

Sorry RBin Tex....didn't mean to hijack your thread. 1000 pardons, sir!image
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Why don't you forget about the Registry and submit your coins to NGC or ANACS? Shouldn't collecting be about the coins?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS reports pops based on the coin number. If the coin is a recognized variety, then it is indeed reported in the pop reports. You want them to recognize more varieites in the standard listings (like NGC does). PCGS is just behind on these types of things.

I would suggest you move to another grading service.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165

<< <i>Shouldn't collecting be about the coins? >>

imageimageimage; image

I'm speechless!