Home Sports Talk
Options

MLB just got absolutely HAMMERED by Congress

I watched about 6 hours of this 11 hour hammering of MLB.

Anyone who thought this was just showboating by Congress, I bet thinks differently now if you watched it.

MLB was smacked around quite a bit, the players and the management of MLB and MLBPA.

This was as good as watching a game.

Congress is not as stupid as some people think.

They called the new policy out for what it is: a joke.

They even suggested to Selig himself that MLB should get "new management" based on their track record for handling this problem.

I think this was very effective in pushing MLB for some real change.

I only wish BALCO Bonds would have been there, I'm sure his answers would have been just like Mcgwire's: "I am not here to talk about the past."

Comments

• Options
    GOOD.

If they did this 5 or 10 years ago we may not be watching all of the records being demolished by BALCO Bonds and others.....
  • Options

<< <i>I watched about 6 hours of this 11 hour hammering of MLB.

Anyone who thought this was just showboating by Congress, I bet thinks differently now if you watched it.

MLB was smacked around quite a bit, the players and the management of MLB and MLBPA.

This was as good as watching a game.

Congress is not as stupid as some people think.

They called the new policy out for what it is: a joke.

They even suggested to Selig himself that MLB should get "new management" based on their track record for handling this problem.

I think this was very effective in pushing MLB for some real change.

I only wish BALCO Bonds would have been there, I'm sure his answers would have been just like Mcgwire's: "I am not here to talk about the past." >>

BIG GOVERNMENT IS GOOD. POLITICIANS DID NOT HAVE A SELF-INTEREST IN THESE HEARINGS AT ALL. THEY TRULY WANT TO HELP ALL THE YOUNG PEOPLE WITH THE "DANGERS" OF STEROIDS. NEXT ON THE AGENDA WILL BE UNDERAGE DRINKING AND SMOKING, BUT ONLY IF THE GOVERNMENT CAN FIND A WAY TO OFFSET THE LOST REVENUES. I'M SO HAPPY CONGRESS IS TRULY COMPRISED OF PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT THE GENERAL POPULATION.

I'M ALSO HAPPY THAT CONGRESS PRESENTED ONLY WITNESSES THAT STATED A CASE AGAINST STEROIDS. THE PEOPLE FOR STEROIDS SHOULD NOT BE HEARD BECAUSE THEY ARE PURE EVIL. THESE WITNESSES WERE "CONVINCED" AND HAD "DEFINITIVE PROOF" THAT THEIR KIDS WERE KILLED BY STEROIDS. I AGREE AND DON'T BELIEVE THAT IT HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PARENTS BEING MORE FOCUSED ON A MATERIALISTIC LIFESTYLE AND DEPRIVED THEIR KIDS OF ATTENTION. STEROIDS ARE EVIL. I ACTUALLY HEARD THAT THE U.S. PLANS TO ATTACK ANY COUNTRY IN WHICH STEROIDS ARE LEGAL AND THEN FORCE THAT COUNTRY TO MAKE THEM ILLEGAL. ANYONE HEAR OF THIS? I'M ALL FOR IT.

STEROIDS SHOULD STOP BEING ADMINISTERED TO CANCER PATIENTS BECAUSE THEY JUST DO HARM AND NO GOOD. INSTEAD, JUST GIVE THE PATIENTS JIM BEAM, OLD STYLE, AND JAGERMEISTER TO GET RID OF THE PAIN. IT WORKS - JUST ASK HEROS LIKE MICKEY MANTLE. IT WORKED WONDERS FOR HIM. PLUS, THE GOVERNEMENT WILL BE ABLE TO TAX THE ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION. IN THE END, EVERYONE BENEFITS.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Agree 1000% - Congress destroyed MLB.

Now they need to finish the job, and institute a "real" policy that addresses ALL growth agents as well as amphetamines.

Not surprisingly, most "baseball guys" are silent today.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Megatron-

the same post in two threads? Come on now, have some originality.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destroyed baseball? Darn. What's gonna happen now to the value of my Topps 1991 baseball set?

Seriously - MLB brought this all upon themselves and it was fostered by greed. In their pathetic minds, more homeruns meant more fan interest, meant better TV ratings, meant more money in their pockets. Short-term they were right. But no interest at all in the long term integrity of the game. Now they are gonna pay the price.

Fortunately though, baseball is too good of a game to be destroyed. Destroyed? - no. Damaged? - yes. Repairable? - yes.
  • Options
    Canseco needs to destroy his hair.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Typical political ...after the fact.....BS. Those involved are trying to impress their constituents. You think any of them were really paying attention before? No...until in came within the political limelight. Ignore those clowns. They are just posturing. Very sad.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    3 words make all of the difference to MLB - anti trust exemption. With Congress holding this over their heads it is not a matter of IF MLB will make changes to their drug testing policy but when. If baseball ever had it's anti trust exempton status changed the owners would lose big time, and before that ever happens they will throw the players under the bus.

McGwire is an absolute joke and anyone that does not think he is lying please PM because I have some nice beachfront property in Nebraska for sale. Rather than cry like a little girl when asked questions and come up with lame excuses here is an idea. How about when they ask you if you have ever used steroids you simply say "no". I guess that little thing called perjury is a tough thing to get around.
    "Why is it that Superman could stop a bullet with his chest, yet he ducked when somebody threw a chair at him?"
    "
    " Go ahead and get your fancy barely visible cell phones that get the internet, play DVD's, and can speak 5 languages. As for me and my Atari cell phone it works, it weighs 7 pounds, it is 14 inches long, and it looks like I could call in an airstrike from a remote desert it is so large!"