Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Autographed T-206s?

I don't have access to the pop report at the moment, but I was wondering if there are any PSA/DNA autographed T-206s or any other T or E cards. This just struck me as being an extremely cool cards to have. I imagine that some player somewhere must have signed a tobacco card, though I can't remember ever seeing any anywhere. I'm not a big auto collector, but I can actually think of only a couple autographed pre-war cards I've ever seen.
WANTED:
2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    They exist - but I don't think PSA/DNA has entombed any of them.

I see as many forgeries as I do authentic examples - but there are at least a dozen or two good examples that have probably traded hands in the last 5-7 years.

I believe I remember hearing that Rube Marquad is the 'easiest' example to find, as he lived until about 1980 or so - so there may be four of five of his T-206 cards autographed out there.

There are also some Old Judge cabinet cards that are autographed by the player on the reverse. Sometimes they may have belonged to the player back in the day...

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    There are a few t-206 autographed cards out there, but they rare as hell. You will see a couple show up at shows and on ebay, but there is a pretty good chance that its a fake.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭
    Lew Lipsett I think recently sold a Frank Chance that had been laminated for around $1000. Cool card. Marc is right about Marquad, but I think his estimate may be low

T206 auto pics
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Somebody had a raw T-206 Ty Cobb (bat on shoulder, IIRC) signed in a shaky green pen at the 2000 National. The card looked about G-VG condition, and I think they were asking $15,000 for it. I'm no expert, but the auto looked to be a real old-age Cobb signature.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I have a Rube Marquard signed T-206. I am getting it together with some 3x5 index cards of Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Roger Maris and Wilt Chamberlain to send off for authentication. I will try to post a scan of the Marquard tonight.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • UllrUllr Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs