Home Sports Talk
Options

Great Article on MLB's Steroid Coverup

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Link

Olbermann does a masterful job. Very, very good reading.

Comments

• Options
    very good read...he is right on target
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    I agree, Ax. What a terrific article. I'm seeing a disaster coming. Maybe I should sell all my cards and invest in stocks. Any corporation you wanna argue about?
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I agree, Ax. What a terrific article. I'm seeing a disaster coming. Maybe I should sell all my cards and invest in stocks. Any corporation you wanna argue about? >>

How about the impending downfall of Microsoft?

• Options

<< <i>Link

Olbermann does a masterful job. Very, very good reading. >>

A good read, indeed. I've stated many times before, Congress should stick to its own business and handle more important things. These arguments that Congress is saving people from health risks are simply fruitless. If that is the case, why isn't Congress attacking Tobacco and Alcohol? To restore respect to the game is one reason I can accept, but health is one reason that will lose 99% of the time.

Anyway, failing to show up would be a disaster because of the following comment:

But even if baseball had a legitimate argument, it shouldn't use it. All it will accomplish by this defiance is to take what is still a relatively back-burner issue among its customers, and give it the appearance of a total stonewall, a complete cover-up, a four-alarm fire of guilty conscience that could not be more damaging than if it proved all the players of the last 20 years had been injected with steroids personally by Bud Selig himself.

It simply sends the wrong signal. The players should just show up and plead the fifth....Canseco included. Congress can say no one will be prosecuted, but how often has the government held true to its promises?

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris